Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Going in for first 5000 mile check

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going in for first 5000 mile check

We are about to take our April-May built 2013, 3.0 in for its first check up. Is there anything special we should ask for; MMI updates, map improvements, etc. Our local dealer is small and is not nearly as up to date as the folks here on this forum. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is the steering update that some have said spoils the feel, others have noticed no difference and some say makes it much better...
Take a look at the threads on here from the last couple if weeks to see what I mean...
Might be worth seeing if the have a similar vehicle with the update to try before you let them pull the trigger on that update.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom L
We are about to take our April-May built 2013, 3.0 in for its first check up. Is there anything special we should ask for; MMI updates, map improvements, etc. Our local dealer is small and is not nearly as up to date as the folks here on this forum. Thanks.
It does not matter whether it is a local dealer big or small.
All updates are done online automatically when the car dealer is connected to the system via the network from a base in Germany.
Maps are not included in the upgrade
Old 11-21-2013, 06:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got my 5K done yesterday myself. They did the steering update and a ECM update. Both are required by Audi, I was a little worried about the steering update as I never had issues and would be pi$$ed if it starting having issues afterwards, but so far all is good and haven't noticed a thing today. As a previous poster stated it is all online and there is nothing you can do about it. You will get these updates. The only thing I didn't like is I drive a 2013 midnight blue Q5 with chestnut interior and my loaner was a 2013 midnight blue Q5 with chestnut interior. Way to go Audi in enticing me on a different model.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kobi's Q
Just got my 5K done yesterday myself. They did the steering update and a ECM update. Both are required by Audi, I was a little worried about the steering update as I never had issues and would be pi$$ed if it starting having issues afterwards, but so far all is good and haven't noticed a thing today. As a previous poster stated it is all online and there is nothing you can do about it. You will get these updates. The only thing I didn't like is I drive a 2013 midnight blue Q5 with chestnut interior and my loaner was a 2013 midnight blue Q5 with chestnut interior. Way to go Audi in enticing me on a different model.
Is the steering update only for 2013-14 or for previous models too?
Old 11-21-2013, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Remind me, what, if anything is covered for Audi service? Do we get a free 5k service? or did all of that go away?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mark P
Remind me, what, if anything is covered for Audi service? Do we get a free 5k service? or did all of that go away?
Mark,
The 5k service is free, even if you do not have Audi care
Old 11-21-2013, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

You should have the latest MMI software in your car. It is 0715. Any other TSB's that are applicable for your car will come up when the tech connects to the Audi system at the dealership. Otherwise the 5k service is minimal for most.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rlk1
Mark,
The 5k service is free, even if you do not have Audi care
Thanks, good to know - I should schedule that soon as I'm around 4300 now... I did not buy Audi Care.

Last edited by Mark P; 11-21-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mark P
All new Audi owners get the 5k service free. 15k, 25k, 35k, and 45k are covered under Audicare.

Quick Reply: Going in for first 5000 mile check