Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Soundaktor Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soundaktor Fuse

Hello everyone;
After having my Q5 stolen back in May of this year, upon much consideration and mental debate, I recently decided to purchase another Q5, 3.0 (this time a 2015 - I love the Q5 styling and performance). However, one thing that is bothering me is an annoying wind sound I hear in the cabin.

After doing some research, I found what may be a related topic on the Audizine forum. It appears that the noise I hear may be related to the “soundaktor”. (link to thread: Still unclear on one aspect of the Soundaktor). There are suggestions that removing the “exhaust sound tuning” fuse may make a difference. Although the link is concerning the S4, the fuse referred to also matches that in the Q5 manual. I would like to know if any AudiWorld forum members have done this and/or what would be the consequences of removing this fuse?

Thanks for any feedback you may be able to provide. I have been reading the AudiWorld forum for quite some time and respect your knowledge and opinions.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can pull the fuse without causing any problems. The only thing it will do other than kill the soundaktor audio is throw a soft error code. If you have access to a VAGCOM, the cleaner way to disable it is through that.

Disable soundaktor
[A9 – Structure Borne Sound]
[Adaptation - 10]
Under the "Channel" drop down box, select "Volume of structure-borne noise actuator"
Under "New Value" input the percentage value (0.0 to disable)
Click "Do It"
Click "Yes" to replace
Click "Yes" for VCDS to use default values of 12345/123/12345

I wouldn't think though that the soundaktor is related to wind noise you're hearing. I guess turning it off will allow you to confirm pretty easily.

And congrats on the new car!
Old 11-15-2016, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same annoying 'wind' noise in my cabin, as well.

I've thought it came from the sunroof area, but I was wrong...and I can't locate the source.

Jason
Old 11-15-2016, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Riceboy22 for your response. Don't have VAGCOM and not mechanically inclined. Regarding the soft error code, is this a constant or a one-time alert? I mean will it remain on the screen until the fuse is replaced?
Old 11-15-2016, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The good thing is that the only mechanical inclination you should need for this is just pulling out the right fuse! The soft error code shouldn't display anything to you. It would only show up when running diagnostics on the car.

I only mentioned the VAGCOM coding as it's the cleaner way to disable the soundaktor. If there's an owner in your area with one, they should be able to easily help you with the coding for that and other available customizations.