TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Jeremy Clarkson and the TT 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeremy Clarkson and the TT 2.0T

Quotables:
about the MK1 TT:
"First mooted as long ago as 1995, the TT was nothing more than a four-wheel-drive Golf in a pair of sporty Lycra shorts. That's like putting Terry Wogan in cycling clothes and expecting him to win the Tour de France. It's not going to happen."

"It was an affront, really, that a car named in honour of the 1905 Isle of Man Tourist Trophy race and styled with a Bauhaus look should be as inert to drive as a bucket full of argon."

about the MK2:
"The steering has a crackle and a fizz, so you're left in no doubt it is connected to the road. Likewise the engine makes a muted roar like it wants to be let off the leash and whipped a bit. And when you turn into a corner with your foot off the throttle, what's this . . . ? Why, it's the back end sliding round, ever so gracefully. It felt like I was driving Darcey Bussell."

'That said, it did have the flappy-paddle gearbox, which they now call S tronic. Why? What was wrong with DSG? That's like saying, "I have a cat. But I shall now call it a dog." '

"I shall stop short of saying I loved the new TT. You can't love something that looks so similar to something you loathed. But I did enjoy driving it.

"The changes they've made may appear to be small and subtle but the effect is enormous. "

You can read about how he tries to work homosexuality into the discussion.<ul><li><a href="http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-2218598,00.html">Jeremy Clarkson....as only he can deliver.</a></li></ul>
Old 06-11-2006, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahahahahaha!!!! Love the read....ONLY Jeremy Glad to see he loves the MK2 as much as me!