S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2014 Orders- Black Optic No Longer Available (AoA)

Old 02-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Orders- Black Optic No Longer Available (AoA)

Hi all,
Sort of new to the forum, in that this is my first post in probably 8 years, and I have a new username because I have no idea what my old one was. VW guy at that point (last VWs were 06 and 08 Touareg V8s), and was just an Audi Fan. Old Vortex handle was Ross06TouaregV8, in case anyone from there is here.

Anyway, to re-rail my own thread ...Yesterday I ordered my 2014 Glacier White/Chestnut Sport Diff, B&O, Carbon atlas, Alu-Optic, Side Assist, MMI, and Black Optic. This morning I got a call from the dealership (Schneider + Nelson Audi in W. Long Branch NJ) stating that the Black Optic Package (PPS) was no longer available for orders. I called AoA to verify, and yes, sadly it is true.

I shed a tear...as the black trim is really a winner. Just thought y'all should know that the factory cut the option.

Looking forward to getting my new S4 and hanging out around here.

RGGale
Old 02-25-2014, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That stinks, I wonder why they stopped it. Thankfully mine is due here in April with the black optic package, guess i got it in just in the nick of time. Truthfully I don't care much for the blacked out grill or the body color mirrors, I just love the rims. Are you able to order the rims at least?
Old 02-25-2014, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had heard rumors of this but I just placed my order today with my dealer and he said that I was still able to do Black Optic. I'm going to call him tomorrow to make sure there were no issues.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are they winding back the options and supply complexity with the new A4 expected to be announced in a few months?
Old 02-26-2014, 01:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

^ New A4 is still a year+ away:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...changes-report
Old 02-26-2014, 02:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hmmm. Interesting and pretty fresh news!

"So, how does it look? The new A4!"

"Have you been sneaking looks at the A3 design team's homework? Back to the drawing board guys!"
Old 02-26-2014, 04:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by OSU_Beaver
I had heard rumors of this but I just placed my order today with my dealer and he said that I was still able to do Black Optic. I'm going to call him tomorrow to make sure there were no issues.
Yeah, definitely double check on that...my order went through on Tuesday also but without Black Optic. Is it possible that yours was not a factory order, but something that was already scheduled for production?
Old 02-26-2014, 05:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sjuhawks19
Truthfully I don't care much for the blacked out grill or the body color mirrors, I just love the rims. Are you able to order the rims at least?
Personally I like the blacked out grille a lot more than the stock one and I really do not like the stock mirrors. It's all a matter of taste. Though I think most people agree that the BO wheels are amazing.

It's a shame to hear they are canceling the package for 2014. Glad I got mine in time.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:15 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The BO option has been hit or miss. Some years it is not offered at all. Other years it is but you can't always order it. If you do order it, there is often a delay in getting your car. In the past, there have been delays due to lack of particular parts that make up the package. Sometimes the cars are built without all the components that make up the package. Just doesn't make sense to me. Audi should either make it available for the entire model run or discontinue it
Old 02-26-2014, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

+1 on this. I really wanted those feckin' wheels...but I guess I can always try and find them aftermarket.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Orders- Black Optic No Longer Available (AoA)