Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 C Navi control removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 C Navi control removal

I tried a search, but couldn't find a DIY on removing the navigation button unit. It's the ancient navigation that has the control buttons by the e brake. It's C-navi. I need to remove it to fix a stuck button(main one that says Nav on it). My three year old daughter stepped on it...
I know, I should get RNS -E but I have no sponsors Plus I rarely use the navigation, but I still need it sometimes.
TIA!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2001 C Navi control removal

Originally Posted by indoor
I tried a search, but couldn't find a DIY on removing the navigation button unit. It's the ancient navigation that has the control buttons by the e brake. It's C-navi. I need to remove it to fix a stuck button(main one that says Nav on it). My three year old daughter stepped on it...
I know, I should get RNS -E but I have no sponsors Plus I rarely use the navigation, but I still need it sometimes.
TIA!
just google it will be faster
Old 08-29-2013, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

The funny thing is that after I googled it my post was the only thing that came up related to my issue.

Anyway, I figured it out. The part of the control unit towards the back of the car that has the shape of a rectangle comes off by prying it from the sides with two flat screw drivers. Than pry the front end of the unit with a flat screw driver toward the back end while you pull up the control unit. And it comes off.
Luckily on my unit the Nav button was just stuck down because the whole unit moved a bit and that button got wedged between the trim around the unit. So as soon as I pulled the control unit out, the button freed up. I re-set the navigation control unit back in its place after pulling it out and now it's back and 'running'.
I hope this helps someone.

Also the main round button on my navigation had the little tabs inside of it broken, hence spinning it wouldn't go through the menu up and down, etc. I just put some epoxy(plastic welder) inside the round button, put it on and let it sit for 24 hours. Now it's functioning again. Just don't put too much epoxy and make sure the button spins freely before letting it cure.

Last edited by indoor; 08-29-2013 at 03:09 AM.