Telematics Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where did my Sirius XM Traffic go?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did my Sirius XM Traffic go?

I bought a 2013 A6 in April (the 6th Audi in my lifetime). It came with a 90-day complimentary subscription to SiriusXM radio (basic package) and Sirius XM Traffic.
Everything worked fine, including the Traffic. After a few weeks, I realized there were some SiriusXM radio stations that I wanted access to that were not part of the complimentary basic subscription. I called Sirius and upgraded the radio package to the next level (Premiere level?). The radio was reactivated and the additional stations became available. However, Traffic disappeared. The letters TMC no longer appear on the screen and the other information and graphics that come with Traffic disappeared. I have spoken to at least 4 people at Sirius and gotten nowhere. One told me that SiriusXM Traffic is not available on 2013 Audis and I never had it to begin with. That was nuts. Another told that I should not have messed with the subscription at all during the complimentary subscription period and that by doing so I lost Traffic forever. Others told me to log on to my account and make sure that I choose Traffic as part of the subscription. However, on my account page there is no option to pick or not pick Traffic.
I'm not sure they know what they are talking about.
Any ideas?

rdangel
Old 05-27-2013, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It appears to be fixed and I thought I'd share how it was done.
I didn't think of doing it at first, but I eventually called Audi Customer Service. They were super.
They contacted SiriusXM on my behalf and were relentless in pushing for an answer. It took a few weeks before someone at SiriusXM who knew what she was talking about spoke with the Audi person. They sorted it out (I don' know the details), but XM Traffic is back.

rdangel

QUOTE=rdangel;24441824]I bought a 2013 A6 in April (the 6th Audi in my lifetime). It came with a 90-day complimentary subscription to SiriusXM radio (basic package) and Sirius XM Traffic.
Everything worked fine, including the Traffic. After a few weeks, I realized there were some SiriusXM radio stations that I wanted access to that were not part of the complimentary basic subscription. I called Sirius and upgraded the radio package to the next level (Premiere level?). The radio was reactivated and the additional stations became available. However, Traffic disappeared. The letters TMC no longer appear on the screen and the other information and graphics that come with Traffic disappeared. I have spoken to at least 4 people at Sirius and gotten nowhere. One told me that SiriusXM Traffic is not available on 2013 Audis and I never had it to begin with. That was nuts. Another told that I should not have messed with the subscription at all during the complimentary subscription period and that by doing so I lost Traffic forever. Others told me to log on to my account and make sure that I choose Traffic as part of the subscription. However, on my account page there is no option to pick or not pick Traffic.
I'm not sure they know what they are talking about.
Any ideas?

rdangel[/QUOTE]