Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

MY 2014 Navigation Maps version?

Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MY 2014 Navigation Maps version?

Was there an update to the North American Nav map data for 2014?

Can someone with a MY14 w/Nav please post their details?
Old 08-21-2013, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nobody?

I'm picking up my SQ5 tomorrow... Need to know what version to be looking for.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JaXeN
Nobody?

I'm picking up my SQ5 tomorrow... Need to know what version to be looking for.
I can't answer your question but if you do a search here I think I have seen this topic discussed recently.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think Audi would really install an older version in your car and give others a newer one?

You'll have whatever they're installing now or possibly a newer version if for some reason it changed during production...
Old 08-22-2013, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
I can't answer your question but if you do a search here I think I have seen this topic discussed recently.
I always search before posting a new topic.... Unfortunately, I was unable to find anything conclusive regarding the 2014 North American Maps.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hawk12
Do you think Audi would really install an older version in your car and give others a newer one?
Yes.

I wouldn't have thought so if I didn't see such an issue in a post on another board from years past.

I'm preparing my delivery checklist and I trying to assume as little as possible.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It doesn't hurt to check the map version on a new vehicle. I know from experience that Lexus updates their maps every year around October. I've read of people taking delivery of vehicles with the previous years maps just a short time after an update is available, and in some cases the dealership has installed the new ones at no charge for them.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
It doesn't hurt to check the map version on a new vehicle. I know from experience that Lexus updates their maps every year around October. I've read of people taking delivery of vehicles with the previous years maps just a short time after an update is available, and in some cases the dealership has installed the new ones at no charge for them.
In this case, though, Audi almost never updates maps for some unknown reason. You'll get whatever version they're putting on in the factory, and have to assume you'll never see anything newer. (As a corollary, you have to assume the maps being put on won't be very recent).

Hopefully they've got a better system in the works since never updating when everyone else has yearly updates from the same source provider is insane.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What is on this check list if you don't mind me asking. I'm due to pick mine up in less than 2 weeks myself!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by idale
(As a corollary, you have to assume the maps being put on won't be very recent).
Hopefully this issue is alleviated with the Audi Connect and being connected to Google... In Miami we are under construction of the major highways there are new exits and new traffic patterns. Google maps on my phone has been updated with the latest changes..

Will these new updates show with the Google overlay of Maps?

Originally Posted by JaXeN
I'm preparing my delivery checklist and I trying to assume as little as possible.
Would you mind posting your checklist once you have it ready.. just curious to see what all we should be checking for.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MY 2014 Navigation Maps version?