A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

audi service put too much oil in my A4 1.8T !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-1999, 06:00 PM
Dan

Default Re: Oil spec

There are three different 2.8l versions. It is confusing, I called four dealers and got four answers.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overfilled oil has blown my turbo seals and dpf filter!

I bought my 2011 audi a1 last March from audi which had just had a full service before purchase. I have never re filled the oil since buying the car, however my car started blowing smoke out of the exhaust last night so I took it to the garage and they said there has been too much oil put in, which has blown the turbo seals and the dpf filter as a result. Audi has quoted me a rediculous charge of £2,850 for the repairs!! The issue I have is tho that I am not responsible for this over full of oil as I have never put any in!! Audi believe this has been filled up fairly recently but the only people who have ever been anywhere near my car is audi themselves!! My car was repaired after a bump last October by them and also they carried out an MOT in April this year.
The only problem is even though I know I haven't put oil in and audi are saying the didnt either (even though they are the only people that have ever been under the bonnet of my car) I don't think I am going to be able to prove it must of been them who put too much oil in. Think it may be a case of my word against theirs!! Can anyone suggest something I could do to back up my claim or know where I stand with this problem??

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by DaveN
Without the ability to drain oil pressure builds up on the seal. You can also gunk up the converter because the crank is splashing in the oil, adding a lot more oil to the blowby. They overfilled mine the first time, the engine hesitated, you notice now we have a TSB to that effect.