Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

2014 Q5 European Delivery

Old 04-29-2014, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Q5 European Delivery

I am picking up my first Audi (Q5 TDI) this summer and I can't wait! However, I am starting to think I should drop it off as soon as possible to avoid anything happening to it (door dings, etc) as I have heard horror stories from friends who have been there. I'm looking for parking and/or general advice from someone who has been through the program.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that is the case, why bother with Audi ED, the savings aren't that great compared to the other Bayern manufacturer. ED is about enjoying those out of the way smaller places you can't fly to and having the fredom to go where you choose.

Personal experience driving in europe, especially within Germany is that other drivers are
  1. Much better vehicle operators than those in the good old US of A.
  2. They actually use turn signals almost religiously.
  3. Much more considerate & aware of other vehicles when parking or parked.
You are more likely to self inflict damage to your new vehicle since
  1. it is new to you and you are overly cautious
  2. you aren't yet familiar with its boundaries in tight quarters
  3. you are one of those bad drivers who squats in the fast lane
  4. don't bother to use turn signals.
No door dings during our past ED adventures and I don't recall reading about any in the other ED forum.

T-10 days & counting until delivery @ Ingolstadt!

Old 04-29-2014, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That makes me feel better, thanks! I can't wait to go drool over my new car
Old 04-30-2014, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Deeders03
That makes me feel better, thanks! I can't wait to go drool over my new car
Congratulation!
Do you know what countries you will be visiting?
In our ED we cross 7 countries and add 1850 ml
And even in Italy I don't have any issue to drive in lake Como and Milan. Who drive in LA - should feel in Italy like at home
Old 04-30-2014, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

I concur. You can't worry too much. You will run into the same issues as with any cities in the US. Through my experience, driving through the freeways of Europe were a breeze. Now when you enter large cities, then it can be more difficult like any large city in the US. You might run into traffic, plus you might be parking in tight areas. For us, we drove long distance with our car and around smaller towns, then when we entered large cities we parked our car at the hotel and either walked or took public transportation within the city. We did this in Lucerne, Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam. The only issue we had once was inside the parking garage in Lucerne. In very tight quarters, while getting used to my new car, it took me some time to slowly maneuver out of the small parking garage. But other than that, everything went smoothly.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by alatsacto
I concur. You can't worry too much. You will run into the same issues as with any cities in the US. Through my experience, driving through the freeways of Europe were a breeze. Now when you enter large cities, then it can be more difficult like any large city in the US. You might run into traffic, plus you might be parking in tight areas. For us, we drove long distance with our car and around smaller towns, then when we entered large cities we parked our car at the hotel and either walked or took public transportation within the city. We did this in Lucerne, Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam. The only issue we had once was inside the parking garage in Lucerne. In very tight quarters, while getting used to my new car, it took me some time to slowly maneuver out of the small parking garage. But other than that, everything went smoothly.
Lucern was breeze compare to Nice parking.
Hotel in Lucerne was terrible, but parking was OK.
I say - Nice and Barcelona - was most terrifying parking.
It take me 20 min and help from my wife and 2 daughters to get in my spot.
It was not enough space in front for for maneuver. What is interesting, when I get back 30 min later - right near me some one park in ML320 - the are no way I was be able to do that in that size vehicle.

Nice hotel parking.

Here is my car at our Barcelona apartment parking

Last edited by TIME89; 04-30-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

For what its worth I'm doing Euro delivery of my MY15 A7 2nd week of August (replacing my MY12 A7). I'm exceptionally particular about my car's appearance, but I agree with HerrK.

In addition we are traveling through Austria and the hotels that we are staying at I've called and made sure they have private/secure parking at each to help mitigate any dings/damage.