A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2011 C6 P+/Presige Observation

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 C6 P+/Presige Observation

I’d like to share an observation with the group on a recent purchase and trade of a CPO 2011 A6 Premium Plus for the same year Prestige model.

At the end of Sept. I picked up the P+ with 32K miles at a local dealer and was generally happy with the purchase until the factory sound system and a few other thing that were lacking started to bug me. After searching for several weeks I found a Prestige in the same color with 1K less miles and a great carfax report. Unfortunately the car was in Illinois and I live in New Jersey.

Despite the distance and how I wanted to do a deal, the sales associate was fantastic! He provided me with photos up the kazoo and a personal in depth report of his inspection on my behalf, so I took a road trip to get it.

So aside from the kudos I give the dealership, I do notice three distinct differences between the two vehicles, both of which have standard suspension and 18” wheels:
1. Steering on the P+ was tight as a drum at low speed (more like a go-cart) while the Prestige has more assist.
2. Brakes on the P+ were “stop on a dime” while the Prestige could do it too but with more finesse.
3. The P+’s body was tight with a solid ride, while the Prestige seems to be a lot softer.

To me both cars should have the same feel given the same approximate mileage, but in my opinion they are very different.

I will also note that the previous owners were female and male respectively (why would that matter?), and it amazing how much personal info is left in the Nav/Phone history!!!

Curious to hear any comments.

Cheers
Old 12-11-2013, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my current car i bought from north jersey but my past 2 A6s came from Chicago Area .. (just by chance)

i live in south jersey also and flew to chicago and drove them back
(i enjoyed the long rides)

my 2005 4.2 steering was tighter than 2011 ...im pretty sure audi purposely dial assist to please / appease a particular demo... wish it was something easily tuned via VCDS

brake performance differences could be attributed to anything... maybe they didnt use OEM...maybe they upgraded rotors pads brake lines...also maybe the prestige fluid is due for a change... this one will be difficult to figure out

as far as handling ...maybe the p+ had sport suspension?
Old 12-12-2013, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hmm,

There is no indication that either car had brakes replaced according to the service records. Neither has sport suspension which would have included 19" wheels. Fluid replacement may be a factor which will be addressed on my next service (got lucky that the new one has Audi-Care).

As far as the steering, you may be correct but I would think it should be uniform. My first Audi (2008 P+) was tight as well.

None of this detracts from driving enjoyment though.

Did you deal with Audi Hoffman Estates?
Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

One additional I forgot to mention is that the P+'s LED DRL and HID lights were a lot brighter. Don't know if the adaptive headlights on the Prestige matters or not.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i believe sport suspension was avail w 18s.. could be wrong

its common for Audi/manufactures to make tweaks along the way sometimes they tweak in the opposite direction we want to appeal to masses

not sure about HIDs but VCDS allows adjusting brightness of the LEDs

i purchased my latest car thru Audi Bernardsville
the prior 2 in Chicago area both thru ebay one from Auto Showcase in Carol Stream, IL and on from a smaller now closed idie shop in Naperville

Last edited by MainlandMig; 12-12-2013 at 07:29 AM.