S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Anyone buy an extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So my dealer is telling me that the extended warranty given at initial purchase is an Audi factory warranty and is a full extension of the 4yr/50000 mile warranty. There is no third party involved here.

Last edited by Vijay; 11-14-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like your dealer is telling you anything he has to to make the sale. They like to do that. Mine told me I couldn't buy any type of warranty after I left the dealer with the car. I just looked at him and laughed which is exactly why I will never buy one from them.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wish I could edit posts. IF there is a factory warranty extension I would love to hear more about that.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vijay
So my dealer is telling me that the extended warranty given at initial purchase is an Audi factory warranty and is a full extension of the 4yr/50000 mile warranty. There is no third party involved here.
I would love to see some actual evidence that this is true. I would love for it to be true but I highly doubt it.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Vijay
That is simply not the case. The Audi Pure Protection warranties are administered by Fidelity and sold either by Audi dealers or direct to consumers. Also, its a complete fabrication to say that the warranty is a "full extension" Of the factory warranty. They probably just license the Audi name in their contracts from AOA.
Makes you wonder what other things he told you that weren't true.

Google "Fidelity Audi Pure Protection".
Old 11-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Guys,

I spoke with Audi Customer Care today about the Audi Pure Protection Plan. The rep told me that if I purchased this plan at the time that I purchased my new vehicle and decided to sell my car 4 years later, Audi would reimburse me 100% of my cost for this coverage at that time. They further told me that if I continued to own my vehicle after the 4 year factory warranty expired, they would still reimburse me 100% if I decided to cancel coverage, as long as I never processed a claim under this Plan. Does this sound correct? I assumed that the dealer was making a profit in selling this coverage. How could Audi reimburse me for the full cost of this coverage without 1)taking the profit back from the dealer or 2) reimbursing me 100% less the dealer profit? Sounds like you can have your cake and eat it too. Any thoughts would be appreciated...
Old 11-22-2013, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carnuts3
Hi Guys,

I spoke with Audi Customer Care today about the Audi Pure Protection Plan. The rep told me that if I purchased this plan at the time that I purchased my new vehicle and decided to sell my car 4 years later, Audi would reimburse me 100% of my cost for this coverage at that time. They further told me that if I continued to own my vehicle after the 4 year factory warranty expired, they would still reimburse me 100% if I decided to cancel coverage, as long as I never processed a claim under this Plan. Does this sound correct? I assumed that the dealer was making a profit in selling this coverage. How could Audi reimburse me for the full cost of this coverage without 1)taking the profit back from the dealer or 2) reimbursing me 100% less the dealer profit? Sounds like you can have your cake and eat it too. Any thoughts would be appreciated...
Ask for a contract and the terms and conditions, read it yourself, and see first hand what it specifies. If the contract doesn't specify that it is a refundable contract, then I am not sure I would assume they will do what is stated above.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carnuts3
Hi Guys,

Not true at all. Shame on Audi Customer Care if what you said is true! This is utter misinformation. I rolled Audi Pure Protection plan when i purchased my C7 (well A6 not S6). It is 100% refundable if you cancell within 60 days after you purchase. Anything after will be prorated based on the terms (e.g. 7/70K) whichever is HIGHER.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by salvadorik
Not true at all. Shame on Audi Customer Care if what you said is true! This is utter misinformation. I rolled Audi Pure Protection plan when i purchased my C7 (well A6 not S6). It is 100% refundable if you cancell within 60 days after you purchase. Anything after will be prorated based on the terms (e.g. 7/70K) whichever is HIGHER.
Thanks for the info...makes much more sense than what I was told.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by salvadorik
I have not looked into this yet, but what he was told is not unreasonable. The car comes with 4 year 50k miles warranty. What I have purchased with the extended warranty is the extended period/miles. It is not unreasonable to think that the 2900 that I spent on the additional coverage will not begin to be prorated until the extended period begins. I will check it out more carefully later.

Quick Reply: Anyone buy an extended warranty?