Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

VW announces compensation..what would you take?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VW announces compensation..what would you take?

Since VW has announced that owner's would be compensated for reduced value…what you consider fair compensation?

I'd take an extended warranty, Audi Care/Plus.

I doubt I will buy another VW/Audi product so money off on my next car would be a joke
Old 12-10-2015, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at the Q5 TDI before the scandal froze the sales so I am looking for a discount on the existing inventory when they lift the stop sale....

I love diesel and the Q5 would be perfect to replace out the BMW diesel X5...
Old 12-10-2015, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SallyPat
I was looking at the Q5 TDI before the scandal froze the sales so I am looking for a discount on the existing inventory when they lift the stop sale....

I love diesel and the Q5 would be perfect to replace out the BMW diesel X5...
Pent up demand doesn't usually lead to massive discounting but I could be wrong...
Old 12-11-2015, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SJGQ5
I love my Q5 and i'm almost at 40k miles.
If I could get extended warranty alone(7/100k), I would be very happy owner.

But most likely they will offer money off your next car, rather than incentives for current car.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still think they need to start by at least offering the very same thing they've given to the 4-cyl TDI folks. Reduced value is a completely separate thing.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SJGQ5
Since VW has announced that owner's would be compensated for reduced value…what you consider fair compensation?

I doubt I will buy another VW/Audi product so money off on my next car would be a joke
Because I have not seen the facts, it is premature to speculate on what corrective actions from Audi are fair.

It is most surprising that Audi has not been forthcoming on their plans to correct this issue. Some people have been hurt by the loss of value, while others are dealing with emissions inspections.

We buy cars for the long haul, and expect Audi to ensure that our Q5 TDI delivers the performance, durability and gas mileage advertised when we bought it.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

VW creates independent US claims program for affected cars
Old 12-18-2015, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rbradleysd
Pent up demand doesn't usually lead to massive discounting but I could be wrong...
True, but you're assuming pent up demand for cars in a competitive market. A lot of buyers likely have gone elsewhere (either gasoline version or competing products), plus repetutational effects have likely left demand below what it would be.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sigq5
We buy cars for the long haul, and expect Audi to ensure that our Q5 TDI delivers the performance, durability and gas mileage advertised when we bought it.
Agreed, I hope Audi can convince owners that the fix will not noticeably impair our car's function. Not sure if they can do this. If there is a negative impact from the fix, I would hope they openly acknowledge degraded performance, and compensate owners. I doubt they will - retention of Feinberg notwithstanding.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

In my opinion now that Feinberg firm has been announced I expect the amount we will receive will be "loss of resale value" plus "loss of performance / efficiency". They can't offer settlement until 1) the fix has been implemented and they and public know the exact loss of performance / efficiency to calculate that loss. 2) Then after fix is in the marketplace, how resale values respond. Hence this will take probably take 12 months to resolve settlements. If VW / Audi extends warranties, that will affect the resale value, so a lower settlement might be in store in that case.

Quick Reply: VW announces compensation..what would you take?