TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

AUDI OEM ipod adapter install..>>

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had it working. After I tucked the wiring into the dash and re-inserted the radio it stopped. re-checked all the terminals.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

would this work on an old audi a4 b5 chorus cassette player with no cd-changer cabler/buttons ??????

I have no clue how to upgrade my audio except using a cassette adapter with my mp3 player...
Old 02-19-2010, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by weaselciuy
would this work on an old audi a4 b5 chorus cassette player with no cd-changer cabler/buttons ??????

I have no clue how to upgrade my audio except using a cassette adapter with my mp3 player...
They didn't sell Chorus in the US, but if there is no changer connection on the back you are probably out of luck.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the same problem. My concert 1 (2000 tt) does not detect the ipod. Using my vag-com I tried the recode function following the instruction of your firts link but the fifth value was already "7" (With CD changer and secondary display ). I tried to disable and then enable without luck.

Also I always have the following fault code:

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-US

Control Module Part Number: 8N0 035 186 A
Component and/or Version: Radio D03
Software Coding: 00517
Work Shop Code: WSC 94741
1 Fault Found:
00855 - Connection to CD changer
49-00 - No Communications

If I try to cleau the code it pops right back.

I checked and rechecked the wires and everything but now I dont have any

Originally Posted by AudiMick
FYI You probably have a Concert I not a symphony.

You might check to see if the coding on the concert is correct. The external changer option needs to be enabled via Vag.com or similar.

Bottom of this page for setup values.

http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/concert.html

The radio should recognize the adapter even without the iPod plugged in. It selects CD 1 Trk "something". Does the iPod come up with the Audi connect screen.

I can't remember if the Audi interface had a ground cable, I know for DICE, Blitzsafe or GROM without the cable it just doesn't work.

Here's a thread with a Concert II but it's similar.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...php?p=17039365

Support on those Audi adapters is terrible, glad I E-bay'd mine.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the same problem. My concert 1 (2000 tt) does not detect the ipod. Using my vag-com I tried the recode function following the instruction of your firts link but the fifth value was already "7" (With CD changer and secondary display ). I tried to disable and then enable without luck.

1 Fault Found:

If I try to clear the code it pops right back.

I checked and rechecked the wires and everything but now I dont have any other ideas.....

Did someone had this problem?

Originally Posted by AudiMick
FYI You probably have a Concert I not a symphony.

You might check to see if the coding on the concert is correct. The external changer option needs to be enabled via Vag.com or similar.

Bottom of this page for setup values.

http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/concert.html

The radio should recognize the adapter even without the iPod plugged in. It selects CD 1 Trk "something". Does the iPod come up with the Audi connect screen.

I can't remember if the Audi interface had a ground cable, I know for DICE, Blitzsafe or GROM without the cable it just doesn't work.

Here's a thread with a Concert II but it's similar.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...php?p=17039365

Support on those Audi adapters is terrible, glad I E-bay'd mine.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Patbeach07

1 Fault Found:

If I try to clear the code it pops right back.

I checked and rechecked the wires and everything but now I dont have any other ideas.....

Did someone had this problem?
Those Audi adapters are notoriously flaky. Does your TT actually have an original changer? If it does then plug it back in ,

Turn the concert I off, hold the mode button and turn on the power at the same time.

If it sees CD changer hardware it will tell you. That will at least tell you the Concert I is good.

Honestly the other aftermarket ipod interface models are far better. I have used the GROM and Blitzsafe in my TT.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can you give me a more detailed explanation as to how I unlock the purple tab to extract the CD changer wires as I don't want to force anything. Much appreciated, thanks.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pulling the termnals was the asy part..not sure what tool tech used but NOTHING was compatible with this early production date car. Bought $1500. in modules both incorrect and dealer wouldn't credit. Unfortunately it was a DISASTER and I lost a FORTUNE! In the end, installed an aftermarket unit and even had trouble programming it! Now if a sales customer asks, I send them to the stereo shop and let them install and deal with the aftermarket...sorry!
Old 09-14-2014, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Fully fitted & working great, much better than expected!!!

All fitted & functioning perfectly. I have full control of my iPhone 4, i haven't been locked out like some iPods are. I don't know if it's because i have fitted the genuine VW version (P/N: 000 051 444 K) into my 2004 Audi A3 or because i'm using an iPhone 4 & not an iPod but i have full control with my iPhone!!! No stereo re-coding was needed either!! It just started straight up when i double clicked the CD button so i don't know what my local Audi dealer was talking about, £40 to re-code something that didn't need re-coding after all! The question is would Audi have told me & not charged me if they realised it wasn't needed!! Sounds amazing too!!!