S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

My S6 arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, looks great! Looks like you had it done up right by my biz partner who owns Lustr.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oooh, shiny! Looking good!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Congrats, looks great! Looks like you had it done up right by my biz partner who owns Lustr.
You got it...
Old 02-27-2014, 12:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by glucose16
I am in chicago. I have a black 2013 s6.

I opted to just replace the shoes with all seasons. I got the michelin pilot sport a/s 3s. The streets get plowed pretty quickly and these all seasons have done great, they feel better in the winter than the pzeros do in the summer. Whatever you do get off those pzeros, those tires just suck.
Yea... I think I am going to have blizzaks lm32 put on my oem wheels today... Hope they don't mess up rims changing the tires!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm in northwest suburbs. Sold my summer tires right away and got conti DWS. Drove 2winters on them and very happy. If u need any help with VAG, let me know as I have one, plus heated garage.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by ellisinA4
I'm in northwest suburbs. Sold my summer tires right away and got conti DWS. Drove 2winters on them and very happy. If u need any help with VAG, let me know as I have one, plus heated garage.
I will send you a message and ask about the vag com! Have been researching that lately.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lobosmd
I want to say 40%? I text the dealer to see what % they did and waiting to here from him they did it for free since my car came with a chrome accented grill instead of the high gloss black one it was supposed to have (they got me the black grill as well of course). I had told them to go as dark as possible and I think 40% is max in NM my wife's car is 30% and my windows are considerably darker than hers. The dealer PPF price seemed steep so I held off, but I may get it done this summer.

So update on the TINT... the installer i found on Yelp who was well reviewed... POLITELY DECLINED to work on my S6 on the morning of scheduled tint install! he mentioned something about having problems in past with water in back mirror running down into amplifier for the Bang&Olufsen.. he was also a bit worried about the alcantara headliner... who knew!?

he didnt want to chance is .. so he turned down the job!

crazy huh? anyone else have a recommendation for a window tint company here in Chicago that can work on my S6?
Old 03-05-2014, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoS6
So update on the TINT... the installer i found on Yelp who was well reviewed... POLITELY DECLINED to work on my S6 on the morning of scheduled tint install! he mentioned something about having problems in past with water in back mirror running down into amplifier for the Bang&Olufsen.. he was also a bit worried about the alcantara headliner... who knew!?

crazy huh? anyone else have a recommendation for a window tint company here in Chicago that can work on my S6?
You may not want him to do the tint anyway. How much water is really needed to place the tint? It shouldn't be running down into the speakers. My guy wet the window, he didn't drench it.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That tint looks like 20. It's way to dark to be 40. I run 20 on all of my cars in spite of the fact that the max allowed here is 35. Never been stopped for tint . 35 is pretty light/see through. 15 is too dark to see out of easily at night.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoS6

This issue has been reported in the past. The solution posted was to simply cover the amp area with towels before the tint install and for the installer to use as little water as possible on the window. Not a problem if the precaution is taken.

Quick Reply: My S6 arrived!