Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 11:50 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
Some prefer typewriters and some.... computers!
LOL that's a hilarious analogy. I gotta tell her that one. Funny thing is, she is an electrical engineer and shuns technology.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
I was ready to order but then I saw this note at the bottom of the product page:

The dockBoss air is not compatible with the Bose SoundDock Portable or systems that require digital audio signals. For more, read our post here.

So AMI cable will probably need to be modified to simulate a 3.5mm Stereo AMI Cable (i.e. use analog audio signal). More info here: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-s5-top...o-via-mmi.html
This.

The AMI cable is designed to plug straight into the i-whatever's output. To stream via BT, you have to have an analog connection touching the CORRECT output of the bluetooth dongle..... which is NOT the same as where the signal comes out on the i-whatever. (don't hold me to this, but this is the exact reason I had to modify my cable to work with the Blackberry Gateway). BUT. If it works, then huge kudos. Many here will be very happy.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Unfortunately Apple probably is not going to allow this to happen on a full-scale level because when it does you will be able to use ALL Bluetooth phones on what used to be an Apple-only appliance (dock, car connector, etc.). Hence coming out with the Lightning/ 30-pin adapter instead.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as mine comes in the mail prior to Apple suing them off the market, I'll be happy.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Its about time someone takes out Apple at the knees. Maybe they can find a way to topple Google too.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Parsec
LOL that's a hilarious analogy. I gotta tell her that one. Funny thing is, she is an electrical engineer and shuns technology.
Some of the smartest people I work with don't like computers.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JHRIII
This.

The AMI cable is designed to plug straight into the i-whatever's output. To stream via BT, you have to have an analog connection touching the CORRECT output of the bluetooth dongle..... which is NOT the same as where the signal comes out on the i-whatever. (don't hold me to this, but this is the exact reason I had to modify my cable to work with the Blackberry Gateway). BUT. If it works, then huge kudos. Many here will be very happy.
JHRIII is correct. This won't work. Its been discussed before. Search the forum. I've researched this for sometime. I do have a solution that I'll try to post with pics tonight.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

There appear to be many of these devices, if you go to Amazon and search 'iphone bluetooth adapter'. I bought the
Patuoxun Patuoxun
for a grand total of $16.

Figured it's worth it just to experiment.

One question I have is can my iPhone 5 support multiple bluetooth devices. It's no good to have pandora streaming if I can't use the handsfree system. I need both!

If this works I'll also report in.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Techm8n
JHRIII is correct. This won't work. Its been discussed before. Search the forum. I've researched this for sometime. I do have a solution that I'll try to post with pics tonight.
What won't work? The Bluetooth adapter or the cable modification?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
What won't work? The Bluetooth adapter or the cable modification?
You must have the cable mod to make the bluetooth work with the ipod AMI cable.

Quick Reply: Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5