TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Good warranty wanted

Old 02-13-2014, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good warranty wanted

I'm looking to get a warranty for my TT tfsi 2010 model and would appreciate any advice. I would have gone straight for the Audi one but they want 3 years payment up front. I want a pay monthly one to spread the cost. Any other good one's out there? Experienced warranty users please help!!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Don't do it

Originally Posted by iceburg005
I'm looking to get a warranty for my TT tfsi 2010 model and would appreciate any advice. I would have gone straight for the Audi one but they want 3 years payment up front. I want a pay monthly one to spread the cost. Any other good one's out there? Experienced warranty users please help!!
I've had 2 TTs beyond the factory warranty. Got a good aftermarket warranty policy on the first and none on the second. After looking at total cost in both cases, it was a wash regarding the amount of money spent. That is, you either spend the money on a warranty or on repairs. After all, the companies who sell warranties know how much repair work you will need over the years and then charge you more because that is how they make money. The easiest solution is to open a savings account and put your "payment" there every month. From what I'm seeing on various Mk 2 forums, you will still have a lot of money left in the account when you sell the car. This assumes you have not had any significant issues to date.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadsTTer
I've had 2 TTs beyond the factory warranty. Got a good aftermarket warranty policy on the first and none on the second. After looking at total cost in both cases, it was a wash regarding the amount of money spent. That is, you either spend the money on a warranty or on repairs. After all, the companies who sell warranties know how much repair work you will need over the years and then charge you more because that is how they make money. The easiest solution is to open a savings account and put your "payment" there every month. From what I'm seeing on various Mk 2 forums, you will still have a lot of money left in the account when you sell the car. This assumes you have not had any significant issues to date.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I think that's a good idea. I've only just had the TT a few weeks. I also work at home so it only gets driven for pleasure at the moment, so the mileage will stay pretty low. My Saab before had problems with electrical stuff going wrong all the time, so I'm a bit paranoid!! Have you got a MK2 TT and if so have you had any problems with it? Thanks.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I've seen no recurring issues with the Mk 2 on any forum

Pretty reliable.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadsTTer
you will still have a lot of money left in the account when you sell the car. This assumes you have not had any significant issues to date.
Two really good points he mentioned. We bought our 08 roadster 3.2 quattro in 2009 at 16K miles. The top failed twice under warranty. 3 months ago at 70K miles, we got lucky took it back to the dealer and asked for Audi to help with the repair, not a penny out of our pocket. We preemptively had all preventative maintenance done usually 5K miles before they were due. Oil changed every 5K. The serp belt and tensioner failed exactly at 60000 miles, no kidding. Recently the steering column set us back another 3G, all work done by good indie mechanics. With the brake jobs, 4.5 yrs cost us 6 G out of the pocket. They get expensive after warranty expired. She will be traded-in tomorrow.