Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

ED destination Charge Help Reques

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ED destination Charge Help Reques

I have decided to purchase my next Q5 with European Delivery and request your advice regarding destination charge (DC). I am in Colorado and the DC cost is $895.

Specifically I want to know if I should ask the dealer to remove it. I have been reading several forums and I feel that there is about 50/50 split between comments that it shouldn't be an added cost and others indicate that this should be added to MSRP. I am still not clear if this is something that I should demand the dealer to remove.

I want to pick it up end of May and need to place my order this week. I am willing to pay the $895 DC but will hate to find out later that I shouldn't have paid this.

I will very much appreciate your advice, particularly if you have references which I can use in case I can have this removed.

Thannks all in advance
Old 02-23-2014, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gilbertodominguez
I have decided to purchase my next Q5 with European Delivery and request your advice regarding destination charge (DC). I am in Colorado and the DC cost is $895.

Specifically I want to know if I should ask the dealer to remove it. I have been reading several forums and I feel that there is about 50/50 split between comments that it shouldn't be an added cost and others indicate that this should be added to MSRP. I am still not clear if this is something that I should demand the dealer to remove.

I want to pick it up end of May and need to place my order this week. I am willing to pay the $895 DC but will hate to find out later that I shouldn't have paid this.

I will very much appreciate your advice, particularly if you have references which I can use in case I can have this removed.

Thannks all in advance
Only Mercedes and Volvo drop destination charges from ED cars.
BMW, Audi and Porsche do not.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right DC is a must. So if you are doing ED, then your pricing is set at 5% off MSRP plus DC. Now if you were not doing ED and were negotiating a price with a dealership, then sure the dealership could "waive" the DC charge, but in reality you still need to pay for it, except that amount is removed from another area. Good luck on your ED.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I already send e-mail to Amanda Jasionowski from Audi ED and waiting for her response.

Last edited by TIME89; 02-25-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Amanda send me e-mail this morning:
The Audi European Delivery price of your vehicle includes lodging for 2 guests with one standard room, one night at your choice of one of the Audi recommended hotels, complimentary chauffeured transportation directly to the Forum from Franz Josef Strauss airport in Munich, from either of the two Audi recommended hotels or the Ingolstadt Train Station, complimentary meals and non-alcoholic beverages in the Customer Center’s Market Restaurant which are available on the day of delivery, a scheduled tour of our factory and visit to museum are available, vehicle ground transportation from the established drop-off points, ocean freight and marine insurance, customs duty and clearance, storage and terminal handling fees and drop-off location fees. Most models ordered via the European Delivery program are eligible for discounts up to 5% off of MSRP. The MSRP excludes taxes, title/documentary fees, registration, tags, Audi dealer prep, labor and installation charges, insurance, optional equipment and accessories, certificate of compliance and non-compliance fees, finance charges, and the destination charge.

Per the terms of the program, the customer agrees to purchase his/her vehicle at the Audi European Delivery program price established by a participating Audi dealer, including destination charges and local taxes/titling fees. With that being said, the destination fee will still remain and will be itemized on the bill of sale at the time of purchase as it is not included in the MSRP.

Please feel free contact us via this e-mail address for any additional program questions.

Kind regards,

The Audi European Delivery Program