Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Starting planning my ED again

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spacey
In Schwangau we stayed at this place:

Wellvital Hotel Rübezahl
Am Ehberg 31
Schwangau, Schwaben 87645 Germany

It as excellent and from our room we could see the castle across a meadow.
Thanks for the tip.
This place is busy. For August they only have 3 rooms left.

Found hotel to sleep before hitting Alpenstraße
http://www.gasthaus-kugelmuehle.de/index_engl.php

Last edited by TIME89; 01-15-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TIME89
I will meet with my SA on Saturday to finalize colors and options and his handle of VAT check. If he state that VAT check MUST deposit - than hole deal is going to garbage and we may look at 528i
I'm thinking that shouldn't be a problem, but it's definitely something that needs to be cleared up otherwise you would need to set aside around an extra $10k just for this purpose. My dealership was very firm on only holding the check and not depositing it. I actually worried about this too at the time. For me, if they said they would be cashing it, that could have caused some issues because then I may have needed to take a $60k loan instead of a $50k loan. I wouldn't have initially put $10k down on the car instead that would have went towards the VAT. Then after my trip and the check was refunded, I probably would have rolled that over into my car loan.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by alatsacto
I'm thinking that shouldn't be a problem, but it's definitely something that needs to be cleared up otherwise you would need to set aside around an extra $10k just for this purpose. My dealership was very firm on only holding the check and not depositing it. I actually worried about this too at the time. For me, if they said they would be cashing it, that could have caused some issues because then I may have needed to take a $60k loan instead of a $50k loan. I wouldn't have initially put $10k down on the car instead that would have went towards the VAT. Then after my trip and the check was refunded, I probably would have rolled that over into my car loan.
the flight tickets alone (for 4 person) will be around $6.5K + food and hotels (for 4, don't need to tell you how hard get family room at summer time in Europe) - so VAT will be HUGE issue for me.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

the flight tickets alone (for 4 person) will be around $6.5K + food and hotels (for 4, don't need to tell you how hard get family room at summer time in Europe) - so VAT will be HUGE issue for me.
Yup I can definitely relate. I planned a trip for a party of 6. For the most part except for airfare, we paid everything first, so VAT would have been a big deal for us as well. Yikes, prices during the summer will be high.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Audi of America no longer requires the dealer to collect the Value added Tax (19% of the MSRP) from the customer. However, the client must return to the United with the vehicle priot to 90 days or the VAT becomes due without exception.
First time I herd about this. Anyone can comment about this or confirm that this is true?
Old 01-21-2014, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

First time I herd about this. Anyone can comment about this or confirm that this is true?
Interesting... I'm sure you might be able to find a few more ED guys after me, but as of September 2013 I had to write a VAT check for my October 2013 European Delivery. I officially placed my order in late June, but went in for the final paperwork and financing in September. As far as I can see, the AudiUSA website still mentions an upfront VAT, which will be refunded if car is returned within 90 days.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Interesting... I'm sure you might be able to find a few more ED guys after me, but as of September 2013 I had to write a VAT check for my October 2013 European Delivery. I officially placed my order in late June, but went in for the final paperwork and financing in September. As far as I can see, the AudiUSA website still mentions an upfront VAT, which will be refunded if car is returned within 90 days.
I just copy and paste e-mail from my SA.
I think I will write my self e-mail to Garry Warchesa.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

as of September 2013 I had to write a VAT check for my October 2013 European Delivery
It sounds like folks here on AW have had different experiences with whether the check is deposited or not, though, correct? To me if the check is deposited then VAT has definitely been collected. If the check is only held then returning or voiding it isn't quite the same in my mind.

Perhaps this is dealer-specific depending on their degree of concern over being able to collect VAT from a customer in the event the rules are broken?
Old 01-21-2014, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
It sounds like folks here on AW have had different experiences with whether the check is deposited or not, though, correct? To me if the check is deposited then VAT has definitely been collected. If the check is only held then returning or voiding it isn't quite the same in my mind.

Perhaps this is dealer-specific depending on their degree of concern over being able to collect VAT from a customer in the event the rules are broken?
It was dealer specific - we have user reported, that his check was cashed next day and we have users who reported, that their SA give them back their check - never get cashed.
My SA send me e-mail that no more VAT collection from AUDI (BMW and MBZ never done VAT checks) - my problem is I don't have full trust issue with my SA. I will send e-mail to head of Audi ED Program - Gary Warchesa to verify this info and let you all know.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

It is a true statement it is in the "European Delivery Program
Audi of America, Dealer Resource Guide 2014**, Model Year 2014-2015"

All the dealers in the San Diego area are still collecting it, to cover their *****, and make a 6-8 week's worth of money on the interest. VAT payment at final finance/purchase about 3-4week before pickup. Refunded @ dealership upon your return and providing proof of vehicle drop off to dealer. No it is not as sweet as our previous BMW ED deal & all around the Audi ED deal is not as financial friendly. But the result is the same visiting relatives and touring the Vaterland.

We just placed our Q5 TDI Premium Plus order on Sat. Cuvée Silver, Pistachio Beige, Nav, & B&O sound. Targeting a 9 May pickup at Ingolstadt. In country for 17 days.

Ingolstadt to Konstanz
Konstanz to Badenweiler (5 days)
Badenweiler to Deudesfeld (4 days @ wifes relatives)
Deudesfeld to Rothenburg ob Tauber (3 Days)
Rothenburg ob Tauber to Munchen
@ Munchen & Fly Home (3 Days)

Quick Reply: Starting planning my ED again