A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

iPhone 5s Integration Issues 2014

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone 5s Integration Issues 2014

Morning Guys--

Just picked up a 2014 A7 Glacier White, Nougat Brown, LEDs, 20's. Will post pictures

iPhone 5s works well, but, of my almost 1950 contacts, I can only seem to get less than a 1,000. The MMI main screen shows the memory bar right at about 2000, but, the screen between the gauges reads something like 930. Contacts cannot be accessed under either after about "M" in my contacts. It is like they are there, but, not accessible.

Dealer did a complete re-config with Bluetooth with me. Same issue.

They took photos of the MMI and the center gauge screen and sent off to Audi.

My contacts are typically full of all data (addresses to personal information).

Any ideas?

BA
Old 12-15-2013, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by NCSailing
Morning Guys--

Just picked up a 2014 A7 Glacier White, Nougat Brown, LEDs, 20's. Will post pictures

iPhone 5s works well, but, of my almost 1950 contacts, I can only seem to get less than a 1,000. The MMI main screen shows the memory bar right at about 2000, but, the screen between the gauges reads something like 930. Contacts cannot be accessed under either after about "M" in my contacts. It is like they are there, but, not accessible.

Any ideas?

BA
I had a similar issue. It turned out to be something in one of the fields in a particular Contact record. When I was importing the Contacts, it would only go so far and stop, just like yours.

I noted the last entry that showed up in the MMM, found the next Contact record on the phone and after printing all the info, deleted it. Once I did that, the total Contact database got imported to MMM. I have manually re-entered into the phone the info of the deleted entry, MMM did import that just fine and all is well ever since.

I have never figured out what was actually wrong with that particular Contact record.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've struggled with similar problems in my 2012 A7. The directory worked flawlessly with my Motorola Droid. But once I changed phones to a Sumsung Galaxy S4, the car won't import all my contacts. But I can't seem to figure out why it imports some and not others. Dealer has tried to fix it three times to no avail. I'm going back again. Or maybe I need to spend some time with Audi Connect on the phone. Very frustrating.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NCSailing
Morning Guys--

Any ideas?

BA
a great opportunity to purge a 1950 contact list??
Old 12-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fkaufman
I had a similar issue. It turned out to be something in one of the fields in a particular Contact record. When I was importing the Contacts, it would only go so far and stop, just like yours.

I noted the last entry that showed up in the MMM, found the next Contact record on the phone and after printing all the info, deleted it. Once I did that, the total Contact database got imported to MMM. I have manually re-entered into the phone the info of the deleted entry, MMM did import that just fine and all is well ever since.

I have never figured out what was actually wrong with that particular Contact record.
This seems to be a rather logical cure for the problem, I am keeping this one in my "FIX-IT" file. Obviously it is on Audi to make sure your vehicle is working as it should but if you don't have the time to wait for the dealer to fix it, your way makes a lot of sense.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake-AudiUSAParts
This seems to be a rather logical cure for the problem, I am keeping this one in my "FIX-IT" file. Obviously it is on Audi to make sure your vehicle is working as it should but if you don't have the time to wait for the dealer to fix it, your way makes a lot of sense.
Hey, it worked!