Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

California recommended ED dealers?

Old 01-18-2014, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TIME89
Test drive today 2014 Q5 and first time was impress with fleet manager, who know European Delivery process
Posting his name and info:

Bryan Webster
Fleet Sales Manager
The Auto Gallery

Web site
hmm, setup appointment at 2 pm today. He call to confirm at 10 am, when we get there at 2 - he was late by 30 min.
Question regarding VAT check left not answered, color combination that I ask was not available, car for test drive with my specks was not available. So - after I spend 1.5 hrs at dealership none of my question was answered.
Bryan - I think I give you too much credit in my post.
Removing your phone number for now...
One more time you not acting like a real salesman and you name will be removed from this board also.

Last edited by TIME89; 01-18-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm, setup appointment at 2 pm today. He call to confirm at 10 am, when we get there at 2 - he was late by 30 min.
Question regarding VAT check left not answered, color combination that I ask was not available, car for test drive with my specks was not available. So - after I spend 1.5 hrs at dealership none of my question was answered.
One more time you not acting like a real salesman and you name will be removed from this board also.
You should stress to your dealer that many other dealers do not cash the VAT checks. My dealer, Audi of San Francisco did not. And they really shouldn't because the VAT will only be collected by the EU if the car is not shipped to the US by within months (I think).
Old 01-18-2014, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Q5forWife
You should stress to your dealer that many other dealers do not cash the VAT checks. My dealer, Audi of San Francisco did not. And they really shouldn't because the VAT will only be collected by the EU if the car is not shipped to the US by within months (I think).
90 days
Old 01-21-2014, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If appointments are made, but broken then what's the point of having appointments. If he was too busy with another customer and finishing up a sale, then he should have handed you off to another salesman or to at least have you talk with someone else while he finishes up.

How can a color combination not be available for you to order? Or you meant they didn't have that color combination for you to see at the dealership? How can he not answer your VAT question? That makes me question if this guy or your dealership understands the ED process. If he's or they have done this before, then they should have been able to answer that question. And if he yields no power, then that should be a simple question to the manager. While my salesman (Internet Sales Manager) wasn't an expert at ED since he had done a few previously, he was able to answer immediately that my VAT would simply be held, but he also confirmed it by asking dealership manager.

Good luck. So what's next in your progress? Are you going to give them another chance?
Old 01-21-2014, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by alatsacto
If appointments are made, but broken then what's the point of having appointments. If he was too busy with another customer and finishing up a sale, then he should have handed you off to another salesman or to at least have you talk with someone else while he finishes up.

How can a color combination not be available for you to order? Or you meant they didn't have that color combination for you to see at the dealership? How can he not answer your VAT question? That makes me question if this guy or your dealership understands the ED process. If he's or they have done this before, then they should have been able to answer that question. And if he yields no power, then that should be a simple question to the manager. While my salesman (Internet Sales Manager) wasn't an expert at ED since he had done a few previously, he was able to answer immediately that my VAT would simply be held, but he also confirmed it by asking dealership manager.

Good luck. So what's next in your progress? Are you going to give them another chance?
I have till end of march - beginning of April decided on all option and color combinations and then place my order.
But before I do that I need to make sure I can get a lease (previous issue with credit history).
If not - then - almost the same trip happen with rental. Accept It will start in Munich instead of Audi Forum.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am new here. I am looking to do a ED on a Cabriolet. I did a similar BMW purchase 10 years ago.
My questions:
1. Because I was ordering my BMW vs picking it up off the lot, I was able to shop the car thus saving a great deal more than the 5% because the dealer also marked down the price.
2. How long does Audi's Insurance in Europe cover for? BMW covered fo 2 weeks but they stretched it to four for us without cost.?
3. How long was it for port drop off to dealer pick up?
4. BMW covered all repairs to car while in Europe with no deductable. Minor body damage experienced in a parking garage in Spain.
5. Is there many drop off points in Europe other than Munich?

Thank you so much for your help.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cdaniel7
Hi, I am new here. I am looking to do a ED on a Cabriolet. I did a similar BMW purchase 10 years ago.
My questions:
1. Because I was ordering my BMW vs picking it up off the lot, I was able to shop the car thus saving a great deal more than the 5% because the dealer also marked down the price.
2. How long does Audi's Insurance in Europe cover for? BMW covered fo 2 weeks but they stretched it to four for us without cost.?
4. BMW covered all repairs to car while in Europe with no deductable. Minor body damage experienced in a parking garage in Spain.

1. You might be able to negotiate up to 7% off US MSRP on an Audi. BMW is a better deal.
2. BMW & Audi insurance is similar 15 days on them. More at similar costs.
3. Quoted shipping are similar depending on the coast.
4. Audi has a $1K deductible on their insurance.
5. Audi drop off locations are similar to BMW. Fact is Audi, MB, Volvo all utilize Log in service and locations.

In general the Audi ED deal is not as financially advantageous as BMW. We did ours because we wanted a X3 class vehicle and can't do ED on an X3. Besides we liked the Q5 better, got a diesel (not available in X3), much nicer interior, cheaper by about 5k to comparably priced BMW. So you have to consider all things in your shopping.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by cdaniel7
My questions:

AUDI Drop off locations
Germany locations:
Berlin
Bremerhaven
Duisburg
Frankfurt
Hamburg
Munich
Sindelfingen (Stuttgart)

European locations:
Vienna, Austria