Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

California recommended ED dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California recommended ED dealers?

That actually enjoy offering ED and a good discount? Similar to the BMW dealers that can do ED in their sleep.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S4iscool
That actually enjoy offering ED and a good discount? Similar to the BMW dealers that can do ED in their sleep.
I'm in Northern California, so I'm not sure if you are in this area. While I'm not sure if Elk Grove Audi is an "expert" at ED since they are a smaller dealership, I know they've done a few. I think some other guys can probably give you some bigger dealerships in the Bay Area that have more experience with ED. At least my dealership was more than willing to work with me when they knew I wanted ED, however I know some dealerships I came across seemed reluctant to go down that path.

As far as price, you're basically locked in at 5%. I was able to wiggle an extra few dollars, only because my total after taxes was less than $100 over $60K on my SQ5. I asked if I could have the car at under $60K and they were willing to accept. I've been basically working with the Internet Sales Manager from day one. He was actually the one who suggested ED as an option when we told him we were going on a European honeymoon last year. It didn't work out last year, but after we had gone so far in trying to make ED work, we planned another trip to Europe and made it happen this time around. I just picked up my car last week, so at least my salesman would know all of the logistics since he just worked with me on ours. If you are interested, send me a message and I can give you his name and contact information. Good luck.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had very good luck with Ryan Shipton at Audi Pacific in Torrance. He took care of everything and followed up. Got the 5% standard discount, but everything went smoothly.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Bay area would be preferred but socal is OK too. I saw your SQ5 post...very nice!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 yer ago I meat a great SA in Thousand Oaks Audi - JAMES ANDERSON.
If I will order my car today - I will be use this guy.
I had closer dealership - Audi Auto Gallery, but I will not hesitate to drive 15 min to TO. Just never meet any smart SA in Audi Auto Gallery. Every time I came there - I have to teach them what is ED

I will search for my post with his name and post here.
Link

Last edited by TIME89; 12-11-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ernst Gosch of Audi San Francisco. He's done many ED. And he's from Germany and can give you travel ideas. But no wiggle room on discount.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post names. My guy is Mike Fallis at Elk Grove Audi. He's done a few ED's before. There were a few times he honestly didn't have the answers to some of my questions, but he followed up on them and got back to me ASAP with the answers. I guess in the end, you just need a person who's familiar with the process and someone who is willing work a little harder for the ED process. Mike actually just came back from Ingolstadt, Germany on a business trip. I guess Audi sends a few employees from certain dealerships every year to show them around.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks all....looks like discounts are hard to come by. Once I do my calcs, 5% is around $1000 over invoice, so I guess it's not that terrible.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Test drive today 2014 Q5 and first time was impress with fleet manager, who know European Delivery process
Posting his name and info:

Bryan Webster
Fleet Sales Manager
The Auto Gallery

Web site

Last edited by TIME89; 01-18-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I worked with sales manager Peter Abeysekera at Penske Audi in West Covina in Los Angeles area.

Quick Reply: California recommended ED dealers?