S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

If you had to do it over again... (Options)

Old 10-07-2013, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would basically do things identical, I really wanted Nappa leather but could not locate a car with the rest of the options I wanted, after having the Alcantera I'm very happy with it. I basically skipped on adaptive cruise, ADS and blind spot monitoring. I don't ever use cruise (even on road trips) and I make a habit of looking in my blind spot every time I change lanes so those are useless features to me. ADS.... Maybe but I'm pleased with the standard suspension on the car.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I probably would have added Nav. I didn't get the Nav because I didn't use it much on the B8 A4 I had, and it saved about $3k. However, there are a lot of features that are added by the Nav, other than the actual nav unit itself, that would be 'nice to have.'
Old 10-07-2013, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

I enjoy all of the options on my car (see sig). If I was ordering new, I'd add adaptive suspension. The stock is fine, but for $1K, I'd appreciate the ability to dial between slightly softer and harder than what I have today.

Things I like I didn't think I needed:
- smart key (or whatever it's called).
- adaptive headlights (they turn with the wheel.

Things I'd skip if it was financially needed:
- 19" wheels. I have Titanium, which included the 19s. I will be getting 18s for my winter rubber. I think I could live with 18s and just swap rubber instead of a whole wheel. If you're upgrading to another style or size wheel, save and get 18s.

PS I love my ibis Titanium, so the blackout option (whatever) would be on my list to keep. However, I love Estoril Blue, which would not need Ti like package.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow, thanks for the response guys!

The things I'm the most unsure of, are to get the Nappa leather over the suede... and the Adaptive suspension or not.

Is the Nappa leather the "soft" plush leather? I really like the high end leather some cars have, that's very soft to the touch.

The reason I'm still only 90% sold on the S4, is the lease deals vs buying... If I BUY this car, then I'll likely get the S4 for sure. If I end up leasing, I would likely go 335i only because their lease rates are just SO MUCH better (as we all know).

My wife really prefers the Audi's too... so it's an easy choice if I end up wanting to buy. I have about 30K equity in my Raptor, so it will be easy to just dump that into an S4 I suppose, instead of leasing.

Thanks guys!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've ordered 2 B8 S4s. My 2010 had 18" wheels (which I later swapped for 19" Rs4 style wheels) Cf trim, Sport dif and Leather. I cound not justify the B&O radio or Nav. Like the car just fine. I added the B+0 nav aand the 19" wheels on my 2014, I am really not really impressed with both the radio and the nav. But most will tell you they are "must have " options. I do like the keyless entry which now is standard. What I have ordered is what I consider to be the "esential S4".

6 MT but DSG is fine
Sport dif
Leather seats, Alcantera also fine
CF trim. I do like the new layered trim but just won't pay $1100 for it.
B&O
Nav
19" wheels.

Anything else is gravy.

Last edited by DrGP; 10-07-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueSVT
Hi guys, first post...

My question:

Those with newer model S4's, if you were to purchase again, are there any options you WISH you had purchased, but didn't? Or on the flipside, options you thought you wanted, but in the end don't have any use for them or wouldn't add a second time around?

Any insight would be helpful! I can't help buy build it online with every damn option added. haha.

Matt
Well this is my second, first was basic the new one has almost everything. I miss the smoother ride that the basic had with 18's on it but the roads in Texas aren't that bad so I'll live with that. The new car has the sports diff and just for the feel of rounding corners with confidence is a must. If you can get the B&O stereo with out the NAV that's what I'd do. The Leather I Love It, had it on both. The car comes well equipt by it self but I think for safety the SD and for audio B&O.

Terry
Old 10-07-2013, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by safetywork
As for options, I'm not sure if I would get leather again.
So Alcantara over the Nappa? What's wrong with the leather?
Old 10-07-2013, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueSVT
Is the Nappa leather the "soft" plush leather? I really like the high end leather some cars have, that's very soft to the touch

I chose the alcantara personally. Keep in mind that it isn't suede, it's plastic. IMO this makes it superior to suede because it won't wear out as fast, it's much stronger, and you can clean it with harsh chemicals like Isopropyl Alcohol (yes the manual actually suggests that).

Comfort wise, you don't slide around on it and it feels great to the touch, it's a tad warm, but your sweat won't ruin it because it's not actually leather.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered ADS, dealer (friend) said it was a must and for $1k, it's almost a no brainer.

Also went with Alcantara. Test drove the Nappa for like an hour and left really sweaty. Also much prefer the two-texture interior.

B+O was another too cheap to pass up option.

I think MMI and Sport Diff are a must.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wish I had ADS - but I wanted to get my car sooner without a special order. From what I've read, it's not something you absolutely need since I like driving all the time with a stiffer suspension anyway (i would never use comfort) - but it's nice to know you can change it if you want.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If you had to do it over again... (Options)