Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Help on ED Delivery Date!!!

Old 07-03-2013, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alatsacto
Okay, we were able to square away some of the issues with the dates, but we should be good to go. Delivery date and time has been set. We will take delivery on Monday 10/7. I spoke with my dealership and according to him at this point everything should be on auto-pilot. Now it's just waiting for the car to be built. Thanks everyone for your tips and assistance. Now I can relax a little and start planning this trip. I'm looking forward to checking out Munich, Oktoberfest, and the Neuschwanstein Castle, while we wait to take delivery.

As of right now, we will have about 3.5 days in Munich. Most likely 1 day will be to take a day tour to see the castle. I'm thinking for the other days, we will hop on and off public transportation to explore the city. Any suggestions on places to go or things to see while in Munich? We are most likely staying near the airport and taking the S-Bahn into town each day. With Oktoberfest, hotel prices in downtown Munich are really expensive. Thanks.
Congratulation!!!
Here is first link for you.

Highly recommended Rick Steves books and web site.

Last edited by TIME89; 07-03-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, we were able to square away some of the issues with the dates, but we should be good to go. Delivery date and time has been set. We will take delivery on Monday 10/7. I spoke with my dealership and according to him at this point everything should be on auto-pilot. Now it's just waiting for the car to be built. Thanks everyone for your tips and assistance. Now I can relax a little and start planning this trip. I'm looking forward to checking out Munich, Oktoberfest, and the Neuschwanstein Castle, while we wait to take delivery.

As of right now, we will have about 3.5 days in Munich. Most likely 1 day will be to take a day tour to see the castle. I'm thinking for the other days, we will hop on and off public transportation to explore the city. Any suggestions on places to go or things to see while in Munich? We are most likely staying near the airport and taking the S-Bahn into town each day. With Oktoberfest, hotel prices in downtown Munich are really expensive. Thanks.
If you are willing to venture out of Munich for a day trip, check out Grossglockner High Alpine Road in Austria. You will not be disappointed.
http://www.grossglockner.at/en/
Old 07-03-2013, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're into seeing castles and palaces, there's Nymphenburg Palace (take tram 17 from the central train station) and the much better Residenz Palace and Treasury (in Marienplatz). Also in Marienplatz, there are Viktualienmarkt (outdoor market - may have music and dancers, but closed on Sun.), Cathedral Church of Our Lady, New and Old Rathaus, Dallmayr (huge German food store), and the Hofbräuhaus.

Have fun on your trip.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Osicom
If you are willing to venture out of Munich for a day trip, check out Grossglockner High Alpine Road in Austria. You will not be disappointed.
http://www.grossglockner.at/en/
I was considering going here previously after taking delivery, but now we won't have the car until a few days into the trip so we will have to find more local things to do in Munich.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5forWife
If you're into seeing castles and palaces, there's Nymphenburg Palace (take tram 17 from the central train station) and the much better Residenz Palace and Treasury (in Marienplatz). Also in Marienplatz, there are Viktualienmarkt (outdoor market - may have music and dancers, but closed on Sun.), Cathedral Church of Our Lady, New and Old Rathaus, Dallmayr (huge German food store), and the Hofbräuhaus.

Have fun on your trip.
I'll definitely have to research some of these places, but some of the items on your list were places on my list as well. Thanks.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

What's your guys' opinion on IDP? I've read many different suggestions. I even asked Audi's European Delivery program. They told me my California Driver's License is all I need. The only problem is, we will have 2 primary drivers, but up to 4 drivers on this trip. I wouldn't mind getting one, but if it's not needed not sure if I want to get it for all the drivers. Thanks.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

What's your guys' opinion on IDP? I've read many different suggestions. I even asked Audi's European Delivery program. They told me my California Driver's License is all I need. The only problem is, we will have 2 primary drivers, but up to 4 drivers on this trip. I wouldn't mind getting one, but if it's not needed not sure if I want to get it for all the drivers. Thanks.
I read many post about IDL and almost all of them say the one thing - get it. Back in 2006 it was $10 - my wife and I just go down to local AAA office and after 30 min and $20 - we have our IDL. WE never get stopped - and we cross 6 countries. If you get stop - they don't care about your California DL - even everything there in English.
Just get for primary driver. Remember - if you planning to let someone else drive your car - you must mention this during pick up, that they can add them to insurance.
If you decided to get one you need 2 passport photos - get in COSTCO - cheapest around passport photos.

Last edited by TIME89; 07-19-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
I read many post about IDL and almost all of them say the one thing - get it. Back in 2006 it was $10 - my wife and I just go down to local AAA office and after 30 min and $20 - we have ours IDL. WE never get stopped - and we cross 6 countries. If you get stop - they don't care about your California DL - even everything there in English.
Just get for primary driver. Remember - if you planning to let someone else drive your car - you must mention this during pick up, that they can add them to insurance.
If you decided to get one you need 2 passport photos - get in COSTCO - cheapest around passport photos.
thanks TIME89. i think i will do that, just get it for myself as the primary driver.

Last edited by TIME89; 07-19-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just received my Welcome Packet yesterday. My SQ5 is supposed to go into production the week of July 29th. While my wife is a little sad, we've also sold her 2009 BMW 128i yesterday as well. This SQ5 is supposed to be her car, so she she's not complaining too much.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Just received my Welcome Packet yesterday. My SQ5 is supposed to go into production the week of July 29th. While my wife is a little sad, we've also sold her 2009 BMW 128i yesterday as well. This SQ5 is supposed to be her car, so she she's not complaining too much.
Party time

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help on ED Delivery Date!!!