Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Help on ED Delivery Date!!!

Old 09-26-2013, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Link to original post

At the Forum delivery, Audi provided the roof rack, which I didn't expect. On the trip, it was on the floor of the back seat. I put it in the rear compartment for shipment. Hope the rack arrives with the car.

Last edited by TIME89; 09-26-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alatsacto
I know I've read this before somewhere on the forum, but the search feature on this site doesn't seem to be working. People have mentioned when taking delivery on a Q5, there was something that was sitting in the trunk which they had to leave in the trunk (roof racks?). I'm just trying to determine if storage will be an issue.

Originally we had 6 people on our trip with an additional rental car, so storage was not going to be an issue. However there's a chance 2 people may not be able to go on the trip anymore, which would mean we would cancel the additional rental car. First off, what is the capacity of this trunk? Will it fit 3-4 large suitcases normally? What about with the additional roof rack sitting in the trunk? Can I manually install these roof racks to avoid having to lug them around? Thanks I'm just trying to figure out the small details before we go.
On our trip, we were able to load 1 large suitcase, 1 medium suitcase, 1 rolling carry-on, and 2 backpacks into the trunk. I would estimate you can put at max, 3 large suitcases, and nothing else unless you remove the trunk cover and stack additional items on top of the suitcases.

We stored the roof rack in the back seat floor, but if you have passengers, you probably will need to install the rack, and most likely need to uninstall it for shipping the car home.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5forWife
On our trip, we were able to load 1 large suitcase, 1 medium suitcase, 1 rolling carry-on, and 2 backpacks into the trunk. I would estimate you can put at max, 3 large suitcases, and nothing else unless you remove the trunk cover and stack additional items on top of the suitcases.

We stored the roof rack in the back seat floor, but if you have passengers, you probably will need to install the rack, and most likely need to uninstall it for shipping the car home.
Thanks "Q5forWife" for the tips. That will probably work if we need to cram it all together. The health of my father-in-law's mother has improved, so most likely my in-laws will be joining us on this trip, so in that case we would have two cars and more storage space. Thanks again everyone. We have less than a week before we fly out.