Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Why do dealers not want you to get European Delivery ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SallyPat
Thanks for the referral - TO is about 90 minutes away.
Appreciate all the input everyone.

BTW: I got a call from the GM of West Covina Audi with an apology after I complained to Audi Customer Experience.
Audi does take issues such as dealers not knowing ED seriously....
Will definitely try them out since they are so close to where I live...
I'm going to bet that when you talk to a salesperson who knows ED, the person will be happy to sell you a car that way or any other way you want
I think their reluctance has to do with not knowing what they have to do, and thus fear of screwing it up.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I used Audi Pacific in Torrance for my ED in 2010. It was handled by Ryan Shipton. They were helpful, enthusiastic, and everything got done correctly.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are willing to work with Penske Audi of West Covina, contact Peter Abeysekera.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Osicom
If you are willing to work with Penske Audi of West Covina, contact Peter Abeysekera.
DO NOT rely on the European Delivery Program for working navigation nor collision damage insurance. The insurance, which Audi collected the money for and chose the carrier (AXA), fails to pay for damage done in Europe, Audi refused to back up the claim or address the damages nor facilitate repairs, and the USA navigation system will not work while in Europe, for which they loan you a Garmin to alleviate, which was loaded with two year old map data, resulting in endless loops in cities and missing roads.

Not what you'd expect for a company that prides themselves with a "Truth in Engineering" slogan.
I sense that Audi of America is more concerned with near term profits than protecting the brand and honoring their warrantees and will attempt to out-run their poor reputation for service with more marketing dollars, while short-changing the Audi owners.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greenlantern
DO NOT rely on the European Delivery Program for working navigation nor collision damage insurance. The insurance, which Audi collected the money for and chose the carrier (AXA), fails to pay for damage done in Europe, Audi refused to back up the claim or address the damages nor facilitate repairs, and the USA navigation system will not work while in Europe, for which they loan you a Garmin to alleviate, which was loaded with two year old map data, resulting in endless loops in cities and missing roads.

Not what you'd expect for a company that prides themselves with a "Truth in Engineering" slogan.
I sense that Audi of America is more concerned with near term profits than protecting the brand and honoring their warrantees and will attempt to out-run their poor reputation for service with more marketing dollars, while short-changing the Audi owners.
Sorry about our experience. Issue with navigation was raise here many times.
Issue with insurance claims - this is first time I read about that in 5 yrs.
Maybe because not so many ED done by member of this site, compare to BMW.
I damage bumper of my BMW and it was fixed with out money from my pocket during re-delivery to US.
If you have a case, maybe you should call/e-mail ED department (I have contact info posted here).
If you done this already - then go ahead and vent - we will understand.
Do you have a pics to support you stories?
Can you share with this board what happen?
Old 06-12-2014, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by greenlantern
loan you a Garmin to alleviate, which was loaded with two year old map data, resulting in endless loops in cities and missing roads
I may be an exception, but the loaner Garmin I had was invaluable - I did not get lost even once last year on my ED. Granted, I was only in Germany and France, so I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the maps in other countries.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5forWife
I may be an exception, but the loaner Garmin I had was invaluable - I did not get lost even once last year on my ED. Granted, I was only in Germany and France, so I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the maps in other countries.
Sorry to hear about your insurance claim issues. I definitely can't relate there. Try working with Audi of America and the ED department, they were really good with assisting with any issues I had during the process.

While it wasn't the best GPS in the world, I didn't have any issues with mine either. I want to say I got a brand new loaner GPS. There's some difficulties just in general when dealing with European addresses, since I'm not familiar with them, so I can't exactly blame the GPS. However I also had my phone hooked up with data for this trip as well, so that helped me with quicker searching. That came in handy.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I would not deal with a salesman who doesn't have experience with European Delivery. I've just completed the front end of the process and leave for Europe next week. ED is not a routine transaction, there are a number of little issue to be aware of and you need your sales guy to be on top of them.

My biggest issue was that you can't get an official delivery date until you pay for the car. Then they send you a form that ask about your arrival in Munich and your preferred date to pick up the car.

Why would I have a plane ticket before I have a delivery date?

Because they provided an unofficial delivery date well over a month before.Fortunately, they were able to honor that date so my travel plans all worked out.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vance Miller
I would not deal with a salesman who doesn't have experience with European Delivery. I've just completed the front end of the process and leave for Europe next week. ED is not a routine transaction, there are a number of little issue to be aware of and you need your sales guy to be on top of them.

My biggest issue was that you can't get an official delivery date until you pay for the car. Then they send you a form that ask about your arrival in Munich and your preferred date to pick up the car.

Why would I have a plane ticket before I have a delivery date?

Because they provided an unofficial delivery date well over a month before.Fortunately, they were able to honor that date so my travel plans all worked out.
A agreed. SA who done ED at list once had better understanding of all process, then his coworker, that never done this.
I don't see any salesperson join our forum and offer their help, like they do on Bimmerfest.