Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi U.S. MY2015 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Alphatero
I believe that both the seats are the same shape and form. The thing that makes them a "comfort" seat is the cooling ventilation.
There's more to the difference than ventilation. Look at the pictures in the earlier post - the Prestige Comfort seating portion has longer thigh support and side cushions, different stitching throughout as well as the ventilated seats. Back when I compared the two seats, the Prestige seating surface felt softer and more compliant, possibly due to the multitude of ventilation holes and the additional, smaller leather panels on the seat and back surfaces.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
There's more to the difference than ventilation. Look at the pictures in the earlier post - the Prestige Comfort seating portion has longer thigh support and side cushions, different stitching throughout as well as the ventilated seats. Back when I compared the two seats, the Prestige seating surface felt softer and more compliant, possibly due to the multitude of ventilation holes and the additional, smaller leather panels on the seat and back surfaces.
I also know I have the button to control lumbar support which the left seat in that picture is missing.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by NightCrawler
I also know I have the button to control lumbar support which the left seat in that picture is missing.
Actually, the lumbar control has been available in all the 12-way seats, not just the Prestige comfort seats, i.e Premium Plus standard seats.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Does the Comfort Seat option include its movement back on exit like the A8?
Old 04-21-2014, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DB22
Does the Comfort Seat option include its movement back on exit like the A8?
Not on the A6 though you do get the power steering wheel w/auto exit tilt/retract w/the Prestige.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Seems as though they have added a number of things as standard to the prestige model. I'm very interested to see the new base MSRP on the Prestige. They have made thousands of dollars in past options standard.
LED headlights and HUD are now standard with the Prestige although the 4-zone climate control is no longer and only available as part of the optional Warm Weather Package which includes the sunshades. I would guess there will be a bigger price bump for the base Prestige than for the Premium plus due to the LED headlights and HUD.

It's interesting to note the A7 will have an "auto parking system" on both trims (no mention of this on the A6). Also the S-Line will only be available on the A7 Prestige.

I don't see a mention in the order guide of the AT&T 4G MMI on any of the models even though we know it's available on the A3 so we'll see.

Last edited by snagitseven; 04-21-2014 at 04:04 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's something I think is missing on the 2015 order form: On the 2014 there was an option for 19" 15 spoke wheels with all season tires. Now it looks like if you want all season tires you have to stick with the standard 18".

Is that right, or did I miss something?
Old 04-21-2014, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Alphatero
Here's something I think is missing on the 2015 order form: On the 2014 there was an option for 19" 15 spoke wheels with all season tires. Now it looks like if you want all season tires you have to stick with the standard 18".

Is that right, or did I miss something?
The order guide still shows a 19" Sport pkg with A/S tires, just not as a separate option. It's good to remember that these initial order guides usually go through a few changes before they are finalized.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
LED headlights and HUD are now standard with the Prestige although the 4-zone climate control is no longer and only available as part of the optional Warm Weather Package which includes the sunshades. I would guess there will be a bigger price bump for the base Prestige than for the Premium plus due to the LED headlights and HUD.

It's interesting to note the A7 will have an "auto parking system" on both trims (no mention of this on the A6). Also the S-Line will only be available on the A7 Prestige.

I don't see a mention in the order guide of the AT&T 4G MMI on any of the models even though we know it's available on the A3 so we'll see.
The Warm Weather Package is standard on the Prestige models. Optional on the Premium Plus.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The Warm Weather Package is standard on the Prestige models. Optional on the Premium Plus.
Yup, I missed that.

Quick Reply: Audi U.S. MY2015 Order Guide