Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Chipwerke piggyback results

Old 04-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by forza1976
Mike, are you referring to the green rectangles that turn to red? That's not the boost gauge, that's simply the shift lights.

The boost gauge only shows up on the turbo cars (TDI and S's) from what I have read and is a little white bar that rises from bottom to top in the lower left corner of the center screen.

Maybe I'm not following what you are seeing?
Thats NOT the boost gauge? I though we had established in the past that it was?

Okay, forget this all then. I gotta order a boost tap and electrical gauge then.

Still don't know why its flashing red though. Its never done that to me before. Used to just stay green and fully lit up I thought. Is it by any chance linked to MMI version? I haven't used it since I was upgraded from 0566 to 0715-2.

EDIT: Ordered a Tap from ECS. Anybody got a line on a cheap electrical boost gauge? Easier to run a wire into the car than a vacuum line for a mechanical gauge.

Last edited by Mike_L; 04-02-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
EDIT: Ordered a Tap from ECS. Anybody got a line on a cheap electrical boost gauge? Easier to run a wire into the car than a vacuum line for a mechanical gauge.
eBay - $20

Found it by searching "digital boost gauge". Many choices between $20 and $30.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-2-52mm-15-45-PSI-Red-Digital-LED-Black-Boost-Gauge-Car-Motor-Auto-/400565221216?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d438c3760&vxp=mtr
Old 04-03-2014, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Okay guys, now the real question; How the heck do we measure Knock Retard on these cars? I reinstalled the module, and turned it up a couple of notches. I need to know if the motor is knocking. I see no KR PIDs in VCDS and the standard OBD-2 KR PID isn't reading. This is the same problem I had with the X5M and why I was so limited power wise with it (I know that thing had 700 in it). Theres more there, but I want to make sure its safe. Germans make stuff so difficult. Chrysler has PIDs for Short Term and Long Term Knock Retard, as well a Fuel KR and a Spark KR. GM has just 1 KR PID, but its easy to find at least. BMW and Audi, nowhere to be found.
Hey Mike, did you have any luck tuning the piggy back? I wanted to crack mine up a notch but I was waiting on your results.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Yoshi123
Hey Mike, did you have any luck tuning the piggy back? I wanted to crack mine up a notch but I was waiting on your results.
I turned it up one. No codes or anything. Don't want to go any further without be able to check knock retard. I think it can probably handle going up 3 or 4 notches, since I run 93 octane and the cars running 91 seems to be okay on the original setting, but I'd rather be safe for now.

Once the tap and gauge get here, I'll probably mess around with it and see exactly what each click does. They're saying 1.5% improvement, which is next to nothing (like 5-6hp).
Old 04-03-2014, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll be following your lead sir lol! Thanks
Old 04-14-2014, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put my all seasons back on yesterday and installed the chip. Lots of fun, and definitely has more power. Briefly tried using pocket dyno but am struggling get it to work properly. Will watch to see how the chip adjustments work out.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I just enabled Lap Timer with VAG-COM and the display has, in addition to the lap timer, an oil temp, digital speed and a Boost display. Everything works except the Boost Display does not ever change.
Is this the same boost as referred to in this thread and does anybody have this functioning?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DB22
I just enabled Lap Timer with VAG-COM and the display has, in addition to the lap timer, an oil temp, digital speed and a Boost display. Everything works except the Boost Display does not ever change.
Is this the same boost as referred to in this thread and does anybody have this functioning?
Yeah, thats the one I was talking about. It doesn't work with the supercharger. Only works with the turbo motors.

I did a log with Torque also and the boost numbers are way off. It showed a peak of 9.5391474psi, and it sat there, which is even less than stock. If I get a chance in the next couple of days, I'm gonna pull the module and log the boost. If I don't, somebody else will have to do it,'cause once Thursday comes, I'm down for 4-6 weeks (knee surgery).

Last edited by Mike_L; 04-14-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, thats the one I was talking about. It doesn't work with the supercharger. Only works with the turbo motors.

I did a log with Torque also and the boost numbers are way off. It showed a peak of 9.5391474psi, and it sat there, which is even less than stock. If I get a chance in the next couple of days, I'm gonna pull the module and log the boost. If I don't, somebody else will have to do it,'cause once Thursday comes, I'm down for 4-6 weeks (knee surgery).

If you put your car in manual mode then the boost bars will show, not sure if its a actual boost measurement or just way of telling you to shift.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TampaUKfan
If you put your car in manual mode then the boost bars will show, not sure if its a actual boost measurement or just way of telling you to shift.
Its just a shift light.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chipwerke piggyback results