A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autozone Front Break Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autozone Front Break Kit

im in need a of front breaks and rotors and have searched online for more cost friendly parts than what the shop have quoted...

the shop has quoted $600 for parts and labor...
i see autozone has a duralast break kit for my 06 A8 hundreds of bucks cheaper than other sites ive visted...

anything wrong with the Autozone kits...??? what's a good site to use for breaks...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS...!!!
Old 12-24-2013, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

If the rotors are made in China, I would consider them junk. NAPA can get the rotors from one of their PDC's to any store within a week at fair prices. German or Italian. Or go with a local import car parts store. For rake pads, I go with oem but many here like the EBC or something like that "red" pads. You want the brakes on your A8 to perform as good or etter than when the car was built. I would not skimp on brake parts.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Brakes are no place to skimp. I have made the mistake many times and have finally learned my lesson. Cheap rotors do not last. They will be warped in no time flat (at least if you drive like me.) Also cheap pads will cause a dust nightmare. There are some decent aftermarket pads out there, just make sure you buy the good ones. There are a lot of places that aftermarket parts are fine but brake parts are not one of them, at least not with the rotors.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by krazzz
Brakes are no place to skimp. I have made the mistake many times and have finally learned my lesson. Cheap rotors do not last. They will be warped in no time flat (at least if you drive like me.) Also cheap pads will cause a dust nightmare. There are some decent aftermarket pads out there, just make sure you buy the good ones. There are a lot of places that aftermarket parts are fine but brake parts are not one of them, at least not with the rotors.
i thought duralast was a quality brand...lol...they seemed to work fine on my american made cars...

what pads/rotors do you use and do you get them online or locally...
Old 12-24-2013, 09:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Most Duralast items are tier 3 products. Most professional shops do not use Duralast brand for replacement parts. That does not mean that their brake parts are bad. A lot of people on the boards like OE but I personally can't stand them for the dust. I would literally wash the car every three days if I wanted my wheels to look clean with OE brake pads. There are so many pads out there but I have had good luck with my current set of pads, Powerstops and Akebonos from previous use.