S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

APR Tuned

Old 11-01-2013, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Unfortunately your prior purchases and dealer relationship doesn't mean that much to AOA or AOC if your engine fails and you are flagged TD1. It would require many car purchases to cover the cost of a $30,000+ motor. Hopefully you won't need to test out your relationship.
Sure if you live in a world where your thoughts are in a place where the absolute worst scenario happens. I have tuned almost every vehicle I have owned...engines blown = 0 shredded transmissions = 0

I have no worries, but I do have is an amazingly fast super sedan, that shifts and responds a 100 times better than stock that I am now in love with. Prior to the tune I was considering selling it.

All in all a personal decision.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Harsany
Sure if you live in a world where your thoughts are in a place where the absolute worst scenario happens. I have tuned almost every vehicle I have owned...engines blown = 0 shredded transmissions = 0

I have no worries, but I do have is an amazingly fast super sedan, that shifts and responds a 100 times better than stock that I am now in love with. Prior to the tune I was considering selling it.

All in all a personal decision.
the motor is only 21k you can buy it on ecs, I don't have apr but I love my tune and wouldn't drive the car if I didn't have it.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wasn't suggesting not to tune your car, just that you shouldn't expect having a great relationship with your dealer can overcome TD1 in a warranty situation related to the tune. That's all.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wasn't suggesting not to tune your car, just that you shouldn't expect having a great relationship with your dealer can overcome TD1 in a warranty situation related to the tune. That's all.
Have you experienced an issue with Audi and have warranty work denied, and have had a similar history with a dealer as I do?
Old 11-01-2013, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've purchased several cars from my Audi dealership but I don't expect them to be able to persuade AOA to cover a warranty repair related to a tune on my car. Nor should they or the dealer foot the bill if I blow up a tuned motor running a quarter mile at high rpm's. There are numerous reports of warranty repairs being denied due to TD1 flag on the forums. It's a very small fraction of tuned cars that have serious issues, but to say the ****s gonna hit the fan if your car has issues with it after being tuned is just irrational.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've purchased several cars from my Audi dealership but I don't expect them to be able to persuade AOA to cover a warranty repair related to a tune on my car. Nor should they or the dealer foot the bill if I blow up a tuned motor running a quarter mile at high rpm's. There are numerous reports of warranty repairs being denied due to TD1 flag on the forums. It's a very small fraction of tuned cars that have serious issues, but to say the ****s gonna hit the fan if your car has issues with it after being tuned is just irrational.
It's hardly irrational, its about money. If I have a warranty claim issue I will use my relationship with my dealer and address the fact to Audi that I have purchased almost $400k in vehicles. If they are unwillingly, then it's clearly the wrong brand for me. Unless you have experienced this issue first hand, rather than read about it on forums, you should reserve your comments because you nor I clearly do not know what may happen.

But again I am confident that **** will hit the fan if I have issues, will it matter....no one knows until it's reality.

I have confidence in the Audi brand and feel the cars are robust. I doubt I will have serious issues, and if I do and have to pay out of my pocket to repair the car, then I will, but not without seriously raising the issue

The message here: If you can't afford to fix a tuned car...don't tune it.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

The message here: If you can't afford to fix a tuned car...don't tune it.
Believe me, I would try everything I know to get a claim covered under warranty, but if Audi denies a claim that can truly be tied to the tune on my car, I will continue to buy Audis since IMO they are the best cars on the market at the present time. Yes, I will be upset but don't feel any sense of entitlement to an expensive repair that is related to a modification I did. And I do plan on tuning my S6 after my wife turns it over to me in a couple of years. She likes her cars bone stock, but didn't object too much when it was lowered and new rims installed.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I will use my relationship with my dealer and address the fact to Audi that I have purchased almost $400k in vehicles.
You are right, it is only going to be about money. From Audi's perspective, the $400K in cars you have purchased won't count, only the profit on what they think you might purchase in the future... offset by the cost they have to eat to replace your tranny, motor, whatever. On top of that, they will probably assume you will tune future cars your purchase and maybe cost them more money down the road. Lastly, they would probably be thinking that if they cover your repair, that will open the door for any other consumer who tunes their car and has a problem to have their car repaired under warranty.

Bottom line, I am fairly certain you will be on the hook for the repair, and if they lose you as a customer, it ain't gonna matter.

I think if you plan to tune your car, you just have to accept the risk and don't count on Audi to fund any issues you end up having.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S4thrills
You are right, it is only going to be about money. From Audi's perspective, the $400K in cars you have purchased won't count, only the profit on what they think you might purchase in the future... offset by the cost they have to eat to replace your tranny, motor, whatever. On top of that, they will probably assume you will tune future cars your purchase and maybe cost them more money down the road. Lastly, they would probably be thinking that if they cover your repair, that will open the door for any other consumer who tunes their car and has a problem to have their car repaired under warranty.

Bottom line, I am fairly certain you will be on the hook for the repair, and if they lose you as a customer, it ain't gonna matter.

I think if you plan to tune your car, you just have to accept the risk and don't count on Audi to fund any issues you end up having.

all I can tell you is that when my dsg breaks I am going to go back to stock and give it to the dealer. If they don't cover it well then we will know the answer to this whole thread, till them we can speculate all day. If any one is going to break their dsg it will be myself since I have over 25k on the car and go to the drag strip regularly. Want to see how it holds with stage II and then stage III, It does not bother me needing to flash back to stock every time I go to the dealer.

At the end of the day I think audi made a really solid product here and it will not break but if it is going to I think it is my responsibility to the enthusiast community to find out at what hp/tq mark will do in the dsg.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sciblades
the motor is only 21k you can buy it on ecs, I don't have apr but I love my tune and wouldn't drive the car if I didn't have it.
If the motor is indeed $21k, I wonder how hard it would be to throw one in a S5 or RS5.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: APR Tuned