A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 07-22-2016, 04:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C5) Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

2007 A6 3.2 common issue? - potential buyer

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by AUJ
The O.P. (Original Poster) wrote "I have searched the forum, and found 3.2 is prone to carbon buildups"..........

As you know, Seafoam, or a carbon cleaning from the dealer will not help your issue at all. Good use of bandwidth.
Actually AUJ, the OP asked for the following:

"I have searched the forum, and found 3.2 is prone to carbon buildups, <b> other than the 3.2 carbon buildup issue</b>, are there any other common issue I should be aware of?"

So the opinion you gave on Seafoam vs. other people's opinion really wasn't anything the OP had interest in...since CB was out of scope for this thread.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 115k on my wife's '06 3.2 and it has been mostly trouble free. I actually pulled the intake last year to look for carbon and found the valves relatively clean, with not enough carbon to bother cleaning.

I have had to replace both headlight bulbs, the pass side is a real bear...

At about 105k I replaced the valve cover gaskets and changed the plugs, and have had a couple of vacuum leaks from a plastic vacuum line at the front of the engine.

Only other advice is to keep the leaves and crud out of the cowl to avoid water flooding into the passenger compartment. I am sure others will have some thoughts for common problems.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99

"I have searched the forum, and found 3.2 is prone to carbon buildups, <b> other than the 3.2 carbon buildup issue</b>, are there any other common issue I should be aware of?"

So the opinion you gave on Seafoam vs. other people's opinion really wasn't anything the OP had interest in...since CB was out of scope for this thread.
Very well said
Old 12-23-2013, 04:45 PM
AUJ
AudiWorld Super User

Thank you for the demonstration of the Internet clairvoyant link between the O.P. and yourself.

Actually, there is no conspiracy here. The O.P. mentioned carbon buildup and the thread went off in the direction of pulling the intake as the only recommended solution. Others here may want to spend the less than $10 a can of Seafoam to see if the problem clears, before spending $1600 at the dealer. If I were truly off topic, then I would be making wild *** claims about how Seafoam addresses rectal carbon build up and cures **** retentive syndrome. Oh, and Seafoam still has real world effects in producing a smoother idle, like the expensive dealer flush job that some here had to resort to perhaps secondary to the ignorance of the benefits of cheap alternatives and/or lack of basic mechanical skill/fortitude.

Last edited by AUJ; 12-23-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-23-2013, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AUJ
Thank you for the demonstration of the Internet clairvoyant link between the O.P. and yourself.
Dude...your passive aggressive nature is somewhat wearing. All I did was point out that you went on a tangent re: the OP ask for information. feel free to use assumptions and lexicon which endeavor to feed your ego. But I'd like to order you a beer to get you to chill out a bit mate...cheers
Old 12-23-2013, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

But I'd like to order you a beer to get you to chill out a bit mate...cheers
In furtherance of the cause I will buy the second round.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:33 PM
AUJ
AudiWorld Super User

Dude...your passive aggressive nature is somewhat wearing. All I did was point out that you went on a tangent re: the OP ask for information. feel free to use assumptions and lexicon which endeavor to feed your ego. But I'd like to order you a beer to get you to chill out a bit mate...cheers
In actuality, you interjected yourself into the conversation to narrow the scope of debate based upon your interpretation of what the O.P. , or other readers, may or may not be interested in. Again, Audiworld is for the exchange of ideas to broaden the knowledge base of the subscribers; whether against the group think conclusions of the flat Earth society, or with it. I suggest you two buy each other a couple of beers and get a room to yourselves. Perhaps, then the conversation can be controlled to a degree where you both feel comfortable. You entering a thread to clarify the confines of the discussion based on some sort of territorial instinct is the perfect example of humanity's low point of exhibited passive aggressive behavior. It is clear that only two posters here are upset. Relax; this is not your house, and there is no need for bouncers easily threatened by even meager intellect. Am in no part annoyed by self appointed paternal idols here; amused, YES. I suppose some group think zealots out there have killed or died for less to purge the debate at hand of miscreants in the name of their silly cause of the moment. Stupid is, as stupid does.
(F. Gump; 1994)

Oh, and Seafoam is still a low cost first step option to big money intake cleaning available at the dealer, for those interested in the actual topic of the thread.

Last edited by AUJ; 12-23-2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling, being a self confessed victim of A.R. syndrome
Old 12-23-2013, 06:46 PM
AUJ
AudiWorld Super User

At the risk of being woefully Off Topic, Merry Christmas to All !
Old 12-23-2013, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Me thinks he doth protest too much...when choosing words, verbosity is not equal to value...perhaps this is something, AUJ, you should bear in mind.

I'm all for sharing insight...but I recommend you re-read the OP before you make assumptions on what I said, or didn't. Furthermore, if you wanted to speak to the merits of Seafoam...start your own thread

cheers and happy holidays...enjoy that beer.
Originally Posted by AUJ
In actuality, you interjected yourself into the conversation to narrow the scope of debate based upon your interpretation of what the O.P. , or other readers, may or may not be interested in. Again, Audiworld is for the exchange of ideas to broaden the knowledge base of the subscribers; whether against the group think conclusions of the flat Earth society, or with it. I suggest you two buy each other a couple of beers and get a room to yourselves. Perhaps, then the conversation can be controlled to a degree where you both feel comfortable. You entering a thread to clarify the confines of the discussion based on some sort of territorial instinct is the perfect example of humanity's low point of exhibited passive aggressive behavior. It is clear that only two posters here are upset. Relax; this is not your house, and there is no need for bouncers easily threatened by even meager intellect. Am in no part annoyed by self appointed paternal idols here; amused, YES. I suppose some group think zealots out there have killed or died for less to purge the debate at hand of miscreants in the name of their silly cause of the moment. Stupid is, as stupid does.
(F. Gump; 1994)

Oh, and Seafoam is still a low cost first step option to big money intake cleaning available at the dealer, for those interested in the actual topic of the thread.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:30 PM
AUJ
AudiWorld Super User

I'm all for sharing insight...
Great. Pledging to be be more open-minded as a New Year's Resolution will be better for the whole of those you interact with.

Quote from Seafoam website giving professional recommendation to intake cleaning as an alternative to being raped at the stealership.

"Cleaning with Sea Foam Spray Top Engine Cleaner and Lube via the throttle body will do a quicker job of removing carbon and will also clean the intake manifold of any buildup, but does little for the fuel system."

Please do not let this little issue soil the season's tidings or the bro-mance you and Gary have cultivated. It's kind of cute. Be proud.

Quick Reply: 2007 A6 3.2 common issue? - potential buyer