Looking for good tuning shop in Minneapolis

Old 05-07-2008, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for good tuning shop in Minneapolis

Anyone know of a good tuning shop in Minneapolis who has had experience installing Milltek exhaust on RS4s? Please pass along any leads...

Thank you
Old 05-07-2008, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Only shop I'd recommend in the Minneapolis area would be....

Anderson Motorsport. That is, if you can't bring it to me in Sioux Falls. :-/

I'd have tried to sell you the Eisenhaus exhaust too though. ;-)<ul><li><a href="http://www.andersonmotorsport.com/">Anderson Motorsports</a></li></ul>
Old 05-07-2008, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Only shop I'd recommend in the Minneapolis area would be....

Thanks for the lead. I'd bring it to you in Sioux Falls but is not my car. I've got a buddy there who recently heard my Milltek setup on my RS4 and he wants to track someone down to do the same thing. It sounds damn good. Haven't heard the Eisenhaus, however...
Old 05-08-2008, 07:52 PM

MNAudi.com and search Ktan.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default im in Minneapolis for the day i have to leave for colorado tomarrow where can i get my front wheels

balanced? i cant take them to discount tire because they have spacers.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Gearhead, I'm not actually in Minneapolis area, but .....

I'd say even if you had spacers, they come off don't they? I'd imagine you'd be able to get them balanced most anywhere, but if you're looking for reputable places, maybe Further Performance?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Stay clear of A&amp;P Auto Specialties any of the others are my recommendation
Old 07-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Former Vendor

Default Re: Stay clear of A&P Auto Specialties any of the others are my recommendation

We have worked very hard to build a good reputation with long lasting relationships with our clients and this means a lot to us!

I really have been trying not to respond to your one sided, embellished, selective recall of the way things went down...but this has gotten a bit malicious on your end. So for the benefit of the other members who are only hearing your skewed one sided story...here goes:

The final interaction began with you (Ben Hum, AKA Humminator) coming out to the shop, interupting a meeting I was in, Brian and I gathered with you in my office and you began screaming at us...after numerous requests of Brian and I trying to get you to quit yelling so we could discuss the situation and come to a resolution, you were asked to leave, and when you continued to yell in our shop at Brian after leaving my office, you were told (not asked) to leave. I didn't want to hit you as you stated (and boy you grossly exaggerate your "Beer Muscles" response to me, I guess you feel a little tougher at the keyboard)...However, I felt you were grossly out of line and needed to leave.

2 weeks was NEVER the discussed initial goal...then on top of the initial plan, you made major changes in your plans and quantified the project dramatically. There was also much more work done to the car, while at our shop, then you try to imply! Brian was an estimated three days away from completion, before you came out to the shop screaming! Easily enough time to get you up and going to meet your schedule, with additional time blocked out on the schedule for last minute issues...as you found there always are!

Truth be told, it's a little hard to complete a project when the proper parts (you were in charge of supplying) don't show up together when they are scheduled and Brian has to figure this out, which he does (another week delayed waiting for the part, not our fault!)...when the kit shows complete, Brian gets to figure out the install (without supplied direction/instructions for a completely new modification kit, not an ABC install), after determining the supplied kit won't work with your existing set up...YOU decide to wait ANOTHER week to save yourself $100 (this is at about week five) because your aftermarket manifolds won't work with the supplied kit AND yet I was willing to split up a complete in house engine to accommodate you and help save time to avoid that delay (that's two weeks, plus the empty time slots, one of our lifts is shut down now and we have to reschedule our workload AGAIN...think that may have cost our shop some money, hmmmm) ...We had to reschedule our staff and workload multiple times, due to circumstances that we had no control over with this project.

And unless you would like to "Mention any names", quit trying to make it sound like this is something that happens regularly to other clients, this was quite an intensive modification and fabrication project...not a tune up! If there are other clients that had a bad experience at our shop, this is news to me and I would welcome anyone to contact me directly so we can make it right. Nobody seems to be chiming in with you, so keep it to your issue and quit trying to blow it out of proportion! We have consistently received positive feedback on our customer service, knowledge, work ethic and pricing! As you can see in the following posts:

I will let some of our other clients do the talking...

Here: https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/236711.phtml

And Here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130524

And Here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198448

And Here: http://www.mnaudi.com/forums/index.php?topic=28894.0

AND Here: http://www.mnaudi.com/forums/index.php?topic=27373.0

We are human and don't claim to be perfect at our shop...BUT we do make every effort to provide our clientele, who we value very much, the best service possible at a fair price and as fast as we can.

I can see you are still trying to "Make EVERY effort you can to see that you will put us out of business in six months!" as you threatened at the shop...Flame all you need to if that's what makes you feel better! This situation cost our shop thousands of dollars and put a major damper on scheduling with other clients and you were not charged a dime!

I will make this response on the other areas where you tried to flame us, as I think it is important to have both sides of this stated and let others make whatever conclusions they choose.

I don't think you or any of us wanted this type of an outcome...I know we didn't on our side!

We will look forward to continue to providing excellent service to the Audi community on all levels for MANY years to come...

Thanks!

Chase Remmen
Operations Manager
A&amp;P Auto Specialties, LLC
Chaser@AP-Specialties.com
www.AP-Specialties.com
Old 09-29-2013, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Some people just refuse to be pleased.

I'm sorry to hear about your disgruntled customer. Some people refuse to be happy. I work with them all the time at my job, and it sucks when you do great work and give good customer service, and it just isn't enough.

Anyway, I have a 2003 Audi A4 3.0 V6 30V. The motor is not too common I'm finding, so it has been difficult locating a shop that can perform any kind of high performance work on it. Are you guys at A&P able to help me out?
Old 12-04-2015, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default South Central Imports Minneapolis, MN

This is more of a "bad tune up shop" experience. I won't be going back to these guys. First, I'd like to say that I take reviews and recommendations seriously and use them in pretty much all of my consumer decisions. I'm writing this review as I'm very frustrated and disappointed in my experience and I want people to be informed.

Overall, this the WORST experience I've ever had with a mechanic. I realize I'm in the minority here, but it could not possibly have been worse. SCI not only didn't fix my car, but I'm told by two other mechanics (including Audi of Minneapolis, who SCI advised me to bring the car to) that the work they did was very likely unnecessary and not at all the first step that should have been taken. $450 and a week and a half without a car ALL down the drain! On top of that, when I called to express my issues and disappointment with my experience and offered to let them make it right, those conversations quickly devolved into me being shouted at and hung up on by Ben. I emailed Chad and also left a message (with Ben) for Chad to call me, but haven't received a response. Extremely unprofessional. More below if you care to hear the whole story.

I recently had my car towed to SCI, as it was misfiring and the check engine light came on. They were helpful and friendly at first, ran the codes and told me what they thought the best course of action was to repair the fuel pressure issue I was having, so I trusted them. They got into it and told me they thought I may have diesel fuel in my gas engine, which was obviously alarming to hear. I took a day off of work, did my research and made dozens of phone calls to attempt to verify this. There was only one gas station/pump it could have come from, so I actually had Weights & Measures go out to the station, take a sample and send it to the lab for testing. Results came back clean, they did say it had a slightly odd smell to it, but everything else tested consistently with 91 octane fuel. I called and told Ben about the results, he was surprised and continued to insist it was diesel fuel. At this point the team at SCI was headed to a convention and the garage was going to be closed Wed-Sun, so I asked if they would be able to work on it for me when they returned on Monday and he told me they "really didn't want anything to do with it" and advised me to bring it to the Audi dealership so they could confirm the bad gas. They thought having Audi look at it would also hold a bit more weight if/when I had to charge/sue the fuel carrier for the damage the fuel did to my car. Fine, so I paid my $450 bill for the new fuel filter and pressure sensor they installed, along with the towing costs. They did knock $50 off the original $500, as I was having to have the car towed away from the garage because they refused to fix it.

Audi took a look at the car and said, yes, the gas smells odd, but that is from the winterizer some carriers use in their fuel, but the gas was fine. Huh. They told me I needed a new high pressure fuel pump. They also looked at the service order from SCI and informed me that the work SCI did on my car, based on the codes that were pulled, should not have been done. There was no reason to think the fuel filter and pressure sensor were the issue. Audi offered to put the old parts back in the car free of charge (if SCI still had them) to prove that to me.

Now, the dealership's price was obviously through the roof, so I took the car to another mechanic (the one I usually take it to, but was farther away from where it broke down) and they told me the exact same thing as Audi. The gas isn't the issue, the work that was done was likely unnecessary and really should not have been the first (or even second) thing to fix. They replaced the high pressure fuel pump and the car runs great again.

I asked SCI to refund me the labor, I'd pay for the parts and the towing (a total of $260 out of the $450 bill). I was shouted at and hung up on. Awful customer service and just adding more stress to the mountain of stress this situation has been.

If you need your oil changed, I'm sure these guys can handle it, but don't go there and expect pleasant, professional experience.