Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 01:03 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

MMI Entertainment Options Summarized

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI

i may not be fully versed in the MMI, and please correct me if i'm wrong, but my understanding is:

voice control only works for the jukebox (both cadillac and ford have voice control for connected ipods as well as climate control )
the jukebox will only hold 3000 songs - not limited by memory capacity, but by an apparently random limit ( far less than my ipod )
there is no global shuffle for SD cards ( it will shuffle only within the folder/album which makes it useless for me )
not to mention the electronic voice sounds sick....
Old 04-23-2014, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by kenmataya
i may not be fully versed in the MMI, and please correct me if i'm wrong, but my understanding is:

voice control only works for the jukebox (both cadillac and ford have voice control for connected ipods as well as climate control )
the jukebox will only hold 3000 songs - not limited by memory capacity, but by an apparently random limit ( far less than my ipod )
there is no global shuffle for SD cards ( it will shuffle only within the folder/album which makes it useless for me )
not to mention the electronic voice sounds sick....
Voice control can select songs with an iPod/iPhone, nav, tel, media sources, directory, and more. There are over 150 different voice commands possible.
As I wrote previously, yes, the Jukebox is limited to 3000 songs and there is no global shuffle for SD cards.
You are the first I've read where someone reports the voice control sounds "sick". (Which could be good or bad in some quarters - not sure which you mean here).

A few suggestions:
Consider spending more time with your manuals. There's lots of good stuff in them.
Use sentences with standard punctuation and first caps so everyone can more easily follow your posts.
We get you're not happy with the entertainment system. Consider (in a different thread please) letting everyone here know what you like about the A6. You know, just for some balance.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
You are the first I've read where someone reports the voice control sounds "sick". (Which could be good or bad in some quarters - not sure which you mean here).
I am pretty happy with the MMI, but I will agree that the voice isn't great...
Old 04-23-2014, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
I am pretty happy with the MMI, but I will agree that the voice isn't great...
Ok, it's not the sultry voice of, say, a Kathleen Turner but it's not as bad as a Fran Drescher either. I'm curious..how would you have it sound better?
Old 04-23-2014, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, it's not the sultry voice of, say, a Kathleen Turner but it's not as bad as a Fran Drescher either. I'm curious..how would you have it sound better?
I just think it sounds more mechanical/robotic than other voice systems I have used.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default mmi

yes, it just sounds very mechanical and unnatural. btw, you cannot voice control your ipod with MMI, only the jukebox.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 3000?

so i went thru and manually tried to cull 25% of my music library. as i got to the end of my library, the MMI told me i still had 700 songs that i could download. but alas, i could download no more songs, the "import" tab was greyed out ( there is still plenty of memory free )
Old 05-13-2014, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Mine is an E part number. The F part appears to be a variant (not sure there's any difference). Either of the two red grommet cables should work as previously described.
It seems like the F part replaces the E part - at least I don't find the E any longer. Maybe update the first post?
Old 05-13-2014, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
It seems like the F part replaces the E part - at least I don't find the E any longer. Maybe update the first post?
Updated.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Updated.
Thank you sir!

Wasn't this thread previously sticky? Lots of good info here, maybe clean out some drivel if it's getting otherwise too bulky?

Just my $0.02.

Quick Reply: MMI Entertainment Options Summarized