Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing the new AudiWorld Forums!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 06:17 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I think you both are saying the same thing. I'm not sure when the account numbers started reappearing. On the original site, pre 2009, they were the only designation of a user's tenure. Now we have, in my opinion, too many. The "rank", ie user title, becomes superfluous when one considers join date, user number, and post count. Those items combine to assign one's user "title", something I'm still trying to decide what the heck to do with. I'm certainly open to suggestions! =)

Regarding the tech guru, that is something that our parent company uses to bring recognition to the forum users who go out of their way on a consistent basis to help others with questions and problems. It is a 100% manual application, unlike the user titles. Many of them were picked by me personally, and some were picked by the admins at the parent company. I generally will not assign one that is not warranted.

Again, I'm always open to suggestions and comments!

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
I'm not sure when the account numbers started reappearing.
On April 16th. Have not seen it before on the thread display page.

Now we have, in my opinion, too many. The "rank", ie user title, becomes superfluous when one considers join date, user number, and post count. Those items combine to assign one's user "title", something I'm still trying to decide what the heck to do with. I'm certainly open to suggestions! =)
IMHO, one that joins and stays around as a passive user of the site, possibly asking the occasional question or offering an answer or opinion a few times a year should have the Newcomer, Junior Member, Senior Member etc. designation. On the other hand those who make regular contributions (and that can be measured by the number of posts) could be named a Contributor as opposed to Member (i.e. Junior Contributor, Valuable Contributor, Senior Contributor, Master Contributor or some other designation along those lines) to give some form of recognition.

Frank
Old 04-20-2014, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I think you both are saying the same thing. I'm not sure when the account numbers started reappearing. On the original site, pre 2009, they were the only designation of a user's tenure. Now we have, in my opinion, too many. The "rank", ie user title, becomes superfluous when one considers join date, user number, and post count. Those items combine to assign one's user "title", something I'm still trying to decide what the heck to do with. I'm certainly open to suggestions! =)

Regarding the tech guru, that is something that our parent company uses to bring recognition to the forum users who go out of their way on a consistent basis to help others with questions and problems. It is a 100% manual application, unlike the user titles. Many of them were picked by me personally, and some were picked by the admins at the parent company. I generally will not assign one that is not warranted.

Again, I'm always open to suggestions and comments!

Thanks!
Kris, I agree that the standard titles are superfluous. The post count and join date should be enough to let someone know the tenure, participation and experience levels of a member. As I mentioned, I doubt many folks pay attention to the titles anyway. I sure don't.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Not sure if it has anything to do with the site update, but I cannot see images in some old posts, e.g., https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2687040

Also, nice to have the option of setting max pic size, but I don't know what to set it to. Is this dependent on one's device's display size? I have a smallish cell phone(Moto Atrix 2) which plugs into a "Lapdock" (11.6" display IIRC) so it may take some experimentation.

Hate to say it again but search always yields no results because it searches user cp, according to the results page. I did spend time trying to set search prefs and it did work for a while...

-Tom
Old 05-15-2014, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by NH2014
Hi Has anyone had any problems with a 2010 year audi a6 triptronic gearbox, mine has just totally shattered, including the metal case... i only have 105km and full service history with audi ireland..
Post your question in the A6 C6 forum. This forum is for website feedback only.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help lol
Old 05-22-2014, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am having problems with my Windows both sides ( Audi tt 225bhp 2002 ) The drives one goes all the way up and doesn't move when you open or close the door! The passenger one won't close it leaves a 5mm gap which lets in wind and rain.Is there anything I can try to fix the problem before I go near a garage ?? Thank you all
Old 05-22-2014, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by willieC
I am having problems with my Windows both sides ( Audi tt 225bhp 2002 ) The drives one goes all the way up and doesn't move when you open or close the door! The passenger one won't close it leaves a 5mm gap which lets in wind and rain.Is there anything I can try to fix the problem before I go near a garage ?? Thank you all
You need to post this in the TT section mate, you won't get a response here.
This thread is for website feedback.

Last edited by twentysevenlitres; 05-22-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Ok, I'll bite: Picture poster / photo album - HTF do I post pics now?