Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Light in dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 10:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light in dashboard

Hey fellas,
So I was raising my car today and it made creeking noises and what not then stopped and the car didn't raise. This light came on I was wondering what that means? Also I hear the same noise when stopping at a light. Does the car adjusts as I stop and go or am I seeing symptoms of something that is gone wrong or about to go wrong?

If this is confused anyone please ask me and I'll try to clear up as I'm not sure what is going on

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Attached Images  
Old 04-20-2014, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Air leakage

Originally Posted by sanadrustom
Hey fellas,
So I was raising my car today and it made creeking noises and what not then stopped and the car didn't raise. This light came on I was wondering what that means? Also I hear the same noise when stopping at a light. Does the car adjusts as I stop and go or am I seeing symptoms of something that is gone wrong or about to go wrong?

If this is confused anyone please ask me and I'll try to clear up as I'm not sure what is going on

Thanks in advance

Cheers
probably you have air pressure leaking in Air spring system,Look for Air leaks in Air spring system. The compressor trying to inflate the pressure and can not overcome the leak, then it warms up., And you have a warning lamp in the dashboard.
I hope your compressor has not get a high wear due to excessive heat. Check it also.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the green lights in the up and down switches lighted? Does the compressor run/stop briefly/run again all the time you're driving?
Old 04-20-2014, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a warning light that your wallet is about to get lighter. Need to scan for codes in the suspension system to find error.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

One of my ar's does this occasionally. When I scanned the codes it told me that the right front level sensor had an error, so I'll have to take that off and fix it during warm weather. On my car, restarting it turns the light off. If I'm moving, I just depress the clutch, turn the engine off (don't lock the wheel), turn the key back on and let out the clutch. Car restarts and the light is out.
The creaking noises could be your suspension warning you that control arms are due for expensive replacement.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson
Are the green lights in the up and down switches lighted? Does the compressor run/stop briefly/run again all the time you're driving?
Yes I an hear the relay tick when I stop, and the lights are lit, they air ride works after I shut the car off and back on it will raise the car but still makes that creeking noise.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm doing brakes on the car today, should I be looking for anything specific while I'm in there??

Thanks guys
Old 05-04-2014, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default completely stopped

hey guys,

so i think i have a leak in the rear AR, when i turn the car on this light keeps flashing and if you stand next to the driver side rear wheel you can hear the pump creaking and cracking like its trying to fill the air up but nothing, after a while it stops working and the light becomes solid. except now the light on the level indicator starts flashing.

anyone got any ideas? am i on the right track assuming the rears are shot? or could it be a pump issue? is there a way to test either? is the pump easy to get to?

im just stomped and not sure where to take it from here

thanks guys
Old 05-04-2014, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Air leak

If you have the option to lift the car, mace a visual check on the compressor area search for broken or disconnected air hose . (Kompressor is located under the vehicle in the spare wheel area)
Check the air connections to all four air springs ., And check for leaks in the air spring bags with spray soap and water
Old 05-04-2014, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Compressor controls are designed to shut off the compressor when it gets too hot from running too long. Sounds like your compressor is failing. There's a rebuild kit available from a guy in England named bagpipingandy. He provides very good service on delivery of a replacement piston ring and the parts/instructions needed to repair the compressor. I think he also sells on fleabay. www.bagpipingandy.com

Quick Reply: Light in dashboard