Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

New A3

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I visited a similar event. Drove the 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus with Nav. Here are the first impressions:
Exterior looks very contemporary. I like the tail lights, DRLs and the dual exhaust. The 18" wheels definitely look better than the base 17". The white/silver cars look good with the black contrast on the roof. Boot space is not very large but that is expected. Almost all the cars had a $45 first aid kit and steel pedal covers added.
Interior is very well put together and I like the new design. The switches feel solid and the seats are comfortable. (The sport seats should be better) I do with it had a rear view cam. (Unless I missed it) It is quite compact and felt similar to the previous gen. Lexus IS250.
The car drives well. There is not a lot of body motion and the ride is comfortable. The one issue I noted is that there is a noticeable lag in response if you floor the pedal. Once it starts going though, it is a peppy car and should be fun to drive.
The salesman tried to convince me that this had more than enough power but I still would like to try out the S3.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by equinox
I visited a similar event. Drove the 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus with Nav. Here are the first impressions:
Exterior looks very contemporary. I like the tail lights, DRLs and the dual exhaust. The 18" wheels definitely look better than the base 17". The white/silver cars look good with the black contrast on the roof. Boot space is not very large but that is expected. Almost all the cars had a $45 first aid kit and steel pedal covers added.
Interior is very well put together and I like the new design. The switches feel solid and the seats are comfortable. (The sport seats should be better) I do with it had a rear view cam. (Unless I missed it) It is quite compact and felt similar to the previous gen. Lexus IS250.
The car drives well. There is not a lot of body motion and the ride is comfortable. The one issue I noted is that there is a noticeable lag in response if you floor the pedal. Once it starts going though, it is a peppy car and should be fun to drive.
The salesman tried to convince me that this had more than enough power but I still would like to try out the S3.
My salesman during our test run told me that all BMW VIPs is crying at night now because A3 will take out all sales from BMW.
I told him - wishful sinking.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Link to A3/S3 broshure
Old 04-16-2014, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was at my local Audi dealer yesterday getting a part replaced on my 2011 A3 quattro premium plus and had a chance to sit in the new A3 sedan, although I did not drive it. I was not very impressed, especially given the nearly 38K sticker price on a vehicle that looked to me like a VW Jetta - especially the wheels. The other thing I quickly noticed was the location of the front cupholders, which look as though they will not work at all for a large cup.
The engine and transmission are identical to what we currently drive, which is an excellent combo - the A3 is quick, tight, and shifts as well as any automatic transmission out there. We also have the Haldex quattro system which works very well on both wet and dry pavement.
The sportback has the capability of loading all sorts of stuff into the vehicle - we have put pieces of furniture and sporting equipment that one would never believe would fit - but it always seems to. The trunk space in the sedan is ok, but certainly limiting.
In short, for the price, I'm not sure why anyone would buy the new A3 when the A4, which can be had for close to the same money, offers room, versatility, and transmission choices that this car does not. It will be interesting to see how they do sell. My bet is not too well, but I've been wrong before!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

This is a small car. I think it would be fair to call it "compact". I could barely sit in the back seat. Nicely finished and detailed as I would expect from Audi. My local dealer must have had 1/2 dozen or more including a car that belonged to Audi in the showroom that was equipped with every option. No price tag, but I have so assume well into the $40k's.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Going tomorrow to see what kind of deals can be had on these A3s. Trying to stay around 400 mark, but if not, I'll extend my wife's lease on her 2013 Infiniti G37S sedan in Malbec Black since she's paying around $299 for a 46K MSRP'd car. Salesguy actually got fired for it lol...

Wish me luck tho!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Daceptak0n
Salesguy actually got fired for it lol...

Wish me luck tho!
Really? Tell us more
Old 05-01-2014, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Memory Seats and Mirrors?

Looking at the higher end A3. I like the Prestige but it doesn't specifically state that it has a memory driver seat. Hope it does - anyone know?
Old 05-01-2014, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't believe so. Previous years' A3s haven't had memory seats. Actually IIRC only the driver's seat is powered.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

With LED headlights and $850 sound system, sport package and advanced tech package for $13K over the base model, it might be a little embarrassing for Audi not to have a driver's memory seat considering BMW 2 Series and Mercedes CLA offer it. All the other Audi models with the Prestige package have it. I just ordered one to be built in June - hope it has it. I'm spoiled and it would be a nuisance to have to change all the settings every time we change drivers.