Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Euro delivery

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that was much more informative than I thought. Yes it would be a good idea to custom make a car and drive it in Europe. I've never ordered a car to be built from scratch so never thought about ED.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

European Delivery is by far the most awesome way to buy a German car. I did ED with my RS5. I was born and raised in Europe and speak German, so going to Europe for me obviously still feels like going home. However, I spent most of my adult life in the USA. I can tell you one thing. Driving in the USA is more chaotic and dangerous than pretty much anywhere in Europe, except maybe Italy :-), for those who are worried. Avoid small historic towns as the roads were built for horse and buggy, so they can get very very narrow. I still remember a later trip to Portugal. We had rented an A3 and at one point we ended up in a street so narrow, that we had to fold in the side mirrors to get through. It was awesome, though!

Anyway, as others have said, ED is for the experience. Dealers don't even give the ED discount on cars like the RS5, but I wasn't gonna pass up the chance to blow up and down the Autobahn legally at 174 mph and drive a few laps on the Nurburgring. I spent almost 4 weeks over there and put 4000 miles on the car. I did combine it with a business trip, so flight in business class was all paid by the customer, so was most of the lodging. I realize not everybody is in that fortunate position, but it certainly is a once in a lifetime experience.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love driving in Europe with other people who are serious about their driving, lane selection, turn signal use, etc. Our Q5 is built and ready to pick up @ Ingolstadt. Paid for the car last Sat with no VAT payment requested. We are so ready to go! 7 May in the air to Munchen and May 9 confirmed delivery! 17 days of Vaterland bliss.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HerrK
I love driving in Europe with other people who are serious about their driving, lane selection, turn signal use, etc. Our Q5 is built and ready to pick up @ Ingolstadt. Paid for the car last Sat with no VAT payment requested. We are so ready to go! 7 May in the air to Munchen and May 9 confirmed delivery! 17 days of Vaterland bliss.
Congrats, you must be getting all antsy waiting for the trip and the car. It would definitely be much further down the road with our first child coming later this year, but I would definitely do it all over again. Hopefully by then, Audi adds some more perks to their European Delivery program.