Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

15 q5s

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. I wonder how much they will charge for premium plus pkg given that lighting pkg and pwer tailgate are now standard on premium trim.

Originally Posted by pfbz
Looks like the 2015 Q5 base pricing might have been revealed in the 2015 Audi Q5 Product Guide...

Q5 2.0T (Premium)
  • 2014: $37,300
  • 2015: $38,900. +1,600, but now includes lighting package [was $750] and power tailgate [was $450], so a net $400 increase.

Q5 3.0 TFSI
  • 2014: $44,400
  • 2015: $45,600. +$1,200 (anything additional bundled?)

Q5 3.0 TDI
  • 2014: $46,500
  • 2015: $47,700. +$1,200 (anything additional bundled?)

SQ5
  • 2014: $?
  • 2015: $53,300.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zeocin
If I place an order for 15 Q5, do I need a settle down on the trade-in, financing terms etc now? Or I will negotiate those when I take the delivery of the car? I'm hoping I can trade in my car now as I no longer need it.
There is no way I would order a car unless I knew the terms up front. BUT unless you are willing to give up the car you wish to trade when you order, you won't be able to get an exact price on the trade. But you should at least get your price for the car. Financing can change as well since interest rates can change from when you order and when you get it.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ColdBrew
There is no way I would order a car unless I knew the terms up front. BUT unless you are willing to give up the car you wish to trade when you order, you won't be able to get an exact price on the trade. But you should at least get your price for the car. Financing can change as well since interest rates can change from when you order and when you get it.
Definitely negotiate the price up-front to your liking. End of story. As soon as you start rolling in financing, trade-ins, warranties, etc, it all just serves to confuse things and the dealer absolutely wants to do that. It gives them an opportunity to find what's important to you (monthly payment, price off sticker, trade-in value, financing terms, etc) and come in strong there. The profit then gets dumped onto the things less important to you. But... you absolutely must agree on a sale price for the vehicle up-front -- even if it's a $ over invoice or % off sticker type agreement in cases where final pricing hasn't yet been determined by the manufacturer.

FWIW, I negotiated the price and ordered the car. I had 4 months to work out the other details on my own. Once you order you can start looking for your own finance options now. Many times, if you have good credit, you can get better financing on your own through your bank, credit union, insurance co, etc. Walking in with an outside pre-approval on settle-up day is strong motivation for the dealer to try and beat it. They get a kick back on every loan they finance so let them work for it. ...Even if they can only match the rate, it's a goodwill gesture on your part to let the dealer have the financing.

Same for your other car. Depending on how soon your car is scheduled to be built, I'd go in to your dealer, tell them you'll be selling your car, and were curious what they'd give you on trade if you decided to go that route. Keep the transaction separate, and make sure you have outside options...assuming you do. Some people don't want the hassle of selling a car outright and want a nice simple transaction: drive in old, drive out new. I get it, but since you asked, I thought you were at least considering other things. Most dealers can generally give you a price on trade that will not change unless there's damage to the car or excess miles on delivery day.

Bottom line to my long-winded answer: You have time on an order, use it to your advantage by investigating your options. You can always still walk in to the dealer, trade the car and let them finance it at the end. This all assumes BTW that something like $30/month or $500 either way aren't going to break you and the deal. If things are cut that close financially that's another thing all together.

Good Luck!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That's very good to know. Thanks a lot for the info!!

Originally Posted by BlackSVT
Definitely negotiate the price up-front to your liking. End of story. As soon as you start rolling in financing, trade-ins, warranties, etc, it all just serves to confuse things and the dealer absolutely wants to do that. It gives them an opportunity to find what's important to you (monthly payment, price off sticker, trade-in value, financing terms, etc) and come in strong there. The profit then gets dumped onto the things less important to you. But... you absolutely must agree on a sale price for the vehicle up-front -- even if it's a $ over invoice or % off sticker type agreement in cases where final pricing hasn't yet been determined by the manufacturer.

FWIW, I negotiated the price and ordered the car. I had 4 months to work out the other details on my own. Once you order you can start looking for your own finance options now. Many times, if you have good credit, you can get better financing on your own through your bank, credit union, insurance co, etc. Walking in with an outside pre-approval on settle-up day is strong motivation for the dealer to try and beat it. They get a kick back on every loan they finance so let them work for it. ...Even if they can only match the rate, it's a goodwill gesture on your part to let the dealer have the financing.

Same for your other car. Depending on how soon your car is scheduled to be built, I'd go in to your dealer, tell them you'll be selling your car, and were curious what they'd give you on trade if you decided to go that route. Keep the transaction separate, and make sure you have outside options...assuming you do. Some people don't want the hassle of selling a car outright and want a nice simple transaction: drive in old, drive out new. I get it, but since you asked, I thought you were at least considering other things. Most dealers can generally give you a price on trade that will not change unless there's damage to the car or excess miles on delivery day.

Bottom line to my long-winded answer: You have time on an order, use it to your advantage by investigating your options. You can always still walk in to the dealer, trade the car and let them finance it at the end. This all assumes BTW that something like $30/month or $500 either way aren't going to break you and the deal. If things are cut that close financially that's another thing all together.

Good Luck!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by ColdBrew
Old 04-25-2014, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

When will the Audiua website be updated for the 2015?
Old 04-26-2014, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gojones
When will the Audiua website be updated for the 2015?
I was wondering the same thing. Since no dealer could locate the '14 I wanted I was given a great opportunity on pre-ordering a '15 and if it arrives and I don't like it, I don't need to take it. I won't know the true price only how relative it is to invoice which is tricky becaue I could live without some options if I knew their price.

My only issue is there are too many changes in the ordering guide that DO effect my car build.
Number one is there is no more S-Line but it looks like you can piece a lot of that together with options (sans the flat bottom steering wheel which look to now only be available on an SQ5).

The other is they talk about contrast piping and stitching but it would be nice to see.

Third is the black pearl has changed but it is probably more of a name change and too slight to notice

Fourth is the wheels. I was set on the titanium. Not sure they have that. They mention a gloss black and another rim. I have a guide with pictures but now need to see if other Audi models have these wheels.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm in the same boat. Just wonder how much you pay if you pre-order a 15 q5?

Originally Posted by zoepup
I was wondering the same thing. Since no dealer could locate the '14 I wanted I was given a great opportunity on pre-ordering a '15 and if it arrives and I don't like it, I don't need to take it. I won't know the true price only how relative it is to invoice which is tricky becaue I could live without some options if I knew their price.

My only issue is there are too many changes in the ordering guide that DO effect my car build.
Number one is there is no more S-Line but it looks like you can piece a lot of that together with options (sans the flat bottom steering wheel which look to now only be available on an SQ5).

The other is they talk about contrast piping and stitching but it would be nice to see.

Third is the black pearl has changed but it is probably more of a name change and too slight to notice

Fourth is the wheels. I was set on the titanium. Not sure they have that. They mention a gloss black and another rim. I have a guide with pictures but now need to see if other Audi models have these wheels.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zeocin
I'm in the same boat. Just wonder how much you pay if you pre-order a 15 q5?
With a supplier discount, we'll receive 6% off MSRP. The only question is the cost of certain packages/options. But it will be nice to have one of the last German-built Q5s.