Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Ordered SQ5 and have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 05:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordered SQ5 and have some questions

I placed the order for a SQ5 last week and I'm trying to gather some accessories for it. It seems I will have 3 months before the car arrives. Although they told me it has already been moved to production.

I've already received the OEM all weather mats, including the cargo mat. I'm looking for a back seat cover to keep the food from the kids off the leather and the envelope cargo net with the zipper in the center. I found them listed in the 2010 accessories catalog, but they aren't in the latest catalog and I couldn't find a part number.
http://microsites.audiusa.com/ngw/10...rochure_10.pdf

Anyone have any ideas about part numbers I could use to find them? Or alternate options?

BTW I ordered it in Ice Silver metallic with the black and brushed Aluminum interior. It is a Premium Plus with MMI Navigation, side assist, Nappa leather, Bang & Olufsen sound system, and the rear thorax side airbags.

Even though I like the 21" wheels better, I chose to not order them because of the price and selection of 21" tires for that wheel. And actually I like the optional 20" 5-arm design wheels from the 3.0L's Q5 better. Maybe I can buy a used set of those after I get the car.

I will probably have more questions before and after getting the car. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by ColdBrew; 04-02-2014 at 06:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-01-2014, 06:06 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Sorry, I can't help you with the seat cover but many grats on the sweet ride. Very nice color choices ;-) Steve
Old 04-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just got a copy of the order sheet and it appears the car will be built next week and is due to be delivered to the dealer the week of 5/12/14!
So, assuming nothing goes wrong, I won't have to wait 3 months.

BTW I found an Audi dealer who says he has the cargo net for the SQ5 ($90 + shipping). I'm waiting to hear back from them with more details.

BTW it is weird I can't edit my original message to correct a typo...
Old 04-01-2014, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ColdBrew
I just got a copy of the order sheet and it appears the car will be built next week and is due to be delivered to the dealer the week of 5/12/14!

BTW I found an Audi dealer who says he has the cargo net for the SQ5 ($90 + shipping). I'm waiting to hear back from them with more details.

LOL... I understand your eagerness, but those items are things that the dealer in many cases will include for free on delivery.
In my case, I was able to get free "AudiSport" license plate frames (75$ value), plus the cargo net ($$?) thrown in for free.

In your case, I'd wait till delivery day and just ask... you never know until you do! :-)
Old 04-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JaXeN
LOL... I understand your eagerness, but those items are things that the dealer in many cases will include for free on delivery.
In my case, I was able to get free "AudiSport" license plate frames (75$ value), plus the cargo net ($$?) thrown in for free.

In your case, I'd wait till delivery day and just ask... you never know until you do! :-)
I already tried to work that in to my deal before I agreed to buy the car. They wouldn't include the mats for free, so I don't think they would throw in the other stuff for free either.

I'm pretty sure I got all I could get up front.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You can get an OEM cargo net on eBay for $15. I did.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dalancroft
You can get an OEM cargo net on eBay for $15. I did.
Got a link? I wasn't able to find one.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The dealer I was talking to said I need part number 8A9065110 for the SQ5 cargo net. Although when I do a search it says that fits A4's. I think I'm going to wait till I get the car so I can see how big it actually needs to be to fit.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Even though I like the 21" wheels better, I chose to not order them because of the price and selection of 21" tires for that wheel.
I joined the forum just today and I noticed a few people have said that there are no winter tires available for the 21" wheels. However, both Bridgestone and Pirelli make them in size 265/45, and I used the Pirelli's on my SQ5 all winter with very good results. Decent grip on ice (but not as good as the Michelin Xice 3's I have on another car, unfortunately they don't make them in a compatible size) and no problem driving through 18 inches of unplowed roads. No rubbing or any other issues...the section width is only 0.3 inches more than the 255/40 size specified by Audi, and the diameter is only 1.5 inches taller. Granted it's not the optimal solution for winter weather traction (narrower tires would be better), but the vast majority of my winter driving is on dry roads, and there was only a slight loss in handling sharpness, although the dry road grip was down...then again it would have been for the summer tires too when temps dropped below their optimal operating temp range.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cancel the OEM mats and get you a set of weatherTechs. Much better coverage.

Quick Reply: Ordered SQ5 and have some questions