Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

FREE SQ5 Invisible Hitch (or S-line Q5) for someone who loves in the Atlanta Area!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FREE SQ5 Invisible Hitch (or S-line Q5) for someone who lives in the Atlanta Area!!!

Does anyone with a SQ5, S-Line, or Q5, live in the Atlanta area and want a free hitch?

If so, Execuhitch is looking for someone with a Q5/SQ5 so they can finally build a hitch for the Q5 and start selling them.

This company sells hidden hitches (see original post below), but they have not designed one for the Q5/SQ5 yet. I spoke to the company today asking when it will be available for the Q5, and he told me they are aiming to have one in the next 2 months. It could be sooner, if they found someone local in the Atlanta area, so they would not have to get a loaner car from the local Audi dealer.

I spoke to Daryl and they will give you a free hitch if you're willing to help them out and let them use your SQ5 / Q5 as they build the first one for these model. They'll need a SQ5, Q5, and S-line model, since each of these have different bumpers.

If you live in that area, call the company ASAP so they can start selling this hitch! I've been waiting for it for my SQ5.

Call and ask for Daryl or email him: daryl@invisihitch.com

Execuhitch
3435 Breckinridge Blvd Suite 110
Duluth, GA 30096
(800) 27-HITCH (44824)

http://execuhitch.com/tow-hitches/index.php

koobah's Post:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ighlight=hitch

Last edited by BayAreaQ7; 01-28-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi folks. I was told about this posting, so I joined the community today just to confirm this news. We are indeed targeting the Q5/SQ5 for an all-new invisihitch. Our plan is to develop this new hitch next month, but these plans depend on availability of vehicles from our local dealer. We can certainly accelerate our plans by working with a local customer who owns a Q5. You would get a free hitch in return for bringing your Q5 to our Northeast Atlanta fitment center twice -- once for measurements and then a second time after hitch development & testing for final installation and photo shoot.

We are excited about entering the Audi Q5 line. The alternative hitches seem to be an overpriced OEM hitch and lower-end hitches that hang down below the bumper. Our new hitch will mount behind the bumper skin onto the chassis studs like the OEM hitch; it will be completely undetectable when not in use (due to our vertical latching mechanism); and it will likely be priced at about half the price of the OEM hitch. It will come with the same Euro harness that we include with our hitches overseas, where they are installed as OEM equipment.

We are an OEM supplier of hitches to several automotive manufacturers overseas, so we adhere to the strictest of design/testing standards. You will receive an OE-quality hitch with a towing capacity that exceeds that of the vehicle. And we will get to accelerate our entry into the U.S. line of Q5 vehicles.

In order to hit the lowest possible price point, this new hitch will come with our manual latching mechanism (not the electric mechanism shown in the video clip). With our manual hitches, you push the ballmount, or the rack adapter, upward into the hitch receiver. When it hits the end of its travel, it triggers an internal latching mechanism that secures it in place. To release it, you reach underneath and turn a hidden handle. There is also an integrated keyed lock to prevent tampering and theft.

I am attaching some photos of a different manufacturer's vehicle with this same type of invisihitch installed. This should give you a good idea of how our new Q5 hitch will look and operate. The second photo was purposely taken while the rear fascia was still off the vehicle, so you can see the hitch beam, and you can see how our vertical latching mechanism and our vertical trailer receptacle hide behind the rear fascia. (The particular hitch in the photos is designed for 8,000 lbs, and we have customers who tow close to that limit)!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you are a Q5 owner who is local to the Atlanta area and you would like to work with us on the development of our new Q5 invisihitch. I look forward to the development of this new hitch and, hopefully, to participating more in this community with regard to towing issues in general.

Cheers,
Daryl
daryl@invisihitch.com
Attached Images     
Old 01-28-2014, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If only I lived near Atlanta...
Old 01-29-2014, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by koobah
If only I lived near Atlanta...
+1
Old 01-29-2014, 06:51 PM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

+2! -- Very interested to see this come to fruition. Please keep us abreast of your progress and potential 'early bird' our group buy opportunities.

-tgt
Old 01-30-2014, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm expecting to pick up my new TDI S-line this weekend. I live 10 minutes from Execuhitch and have been in contact with Daryl.

I'll find some time in the next week or so when I can lend him my car to do measurements.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Rob, happy to see someone getting involved. Anyone know if the TDI is identical to TFSI models in the rear bumper/hitch area?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by koobah
Rob, happy to see someone getting involved. Anyone know if the TDI is identical to TFSI models in the rear bumper/hitch area?
Yes, they are identical if they are same models S-line
Old 01-31-2014, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Would be very interested in this. Is there an 'interested parties' list started yet? :-)
Old 02-01-2014, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by spijun
Yes, they are identical if they are same models S-line
Thanks, just wanted to make sure the diesel model doesn't have any extra diesel related parts.

Quick Reply: FREE SQ5 Invisible Hitch (or S-line Q5) for someone who loves in the Atlanta Area!!!