Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Tan Leather Seats Interior Care-need help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tan Leather Seats Interior Care-need help?

Can anyone tell me the best product to use to keep the tan leather seats clean in my wife's Q5?

I don't want to put anything on them to discolor them or damage the integrity of the leather!

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2010, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, I use Armoral Leather Care once every month or two. It takes away the die from the Jeans etc. and leaves the seats looking nice. I am sure that there is a "better" product out there, so I am interested in others opinions, but for now Armoral is woking just fine for me.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

leather care from Audi/VW is ok
dirth goes oof, color stay on, and it doesn't make the leather shining (the original satin appearence is back)
even effective on denim shade from jeans pants
(buy the VW-item, it is the same and costs less...
Old 02-03-2010, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

For the last 12 years I've used nothing but ZAINO products...leather cleaner and leather conditioner. You can spend less $ but you won't find a better product, IMO.
cleaner
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Code=Z-9
conditioner
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=Z-10
Old 02-03-2010, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've always used Zymol leather cleaner and conditioner. Kept the leather in my Maxima looking new for years.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

From Acura forum
Lexol has a product in a lite blue bottle for FAUX leather and dash board parts/PLASTIC....get that.
They also have a conditioner for REAL leather. You don't need their cleaning product unless your leather is 100 years old.....
Hope this helps

If you have a problem finding Lexol, then Farnham's Leather New is just as good.

Or just go to your local Feed Store or Horse Tack Retailer and ask for their best leather products.
Lexol -pH Leather Cleaner

followed by Lexol Leather Conditioner

i use Lexol Vinylex for the dash, door panel trim, and any various other plastic trim. I would avoid using it for the wood-grain trim...it would leave a residue. Even though it's not real wood, I'd suggest spraying some Pledge on a very soft cloth (premium microfiber or cloth diaper rag) and gently wiping the area. For the leather trim I use Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner products. DO NOT clean the LCD screen with ANY cleaning product unless it's specifically made for LCD screens. I have yet to actually wipe down the surface, but since I never touch it with my fingers, I just blow off dust with compressed air (same with guage cluster).
Best stuff out there IMO. My wife's old Stealth would let blue jeans bleed into the off white leather. After using this conditioner a few times it seemed to seal it up and stopped happening.

IMO zaino leather cleaner kit is far more superior than lexol... also for the cockpit try this stuff called
1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner
this stuff you can use on all surfaces from flastic to leather and also you lcd screen.. ive been using this in my mercedes for years...
this stuff is fabolous. " if you dont belive me ill throw some pics up of the benz interior"

for leather im a big fan of
Leatherique or hide food

this stuff will make you mdx leather puffy again...

just keep in mind when ever conditioning leather you want the leather to be warm or hot.. keep it in the sun for a while with the windows up... or try a blow dryer or halogen light bulb " good for the winter treatments"
Old 02-05-2010, 04:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you very much- we are starting to see some residue from jeans and I wanted to get on it quick before it gets bad.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tboy58
Thank you very much- we are starting to see some residue from jeans and I wanted to get on it quick before it gets bad.
Residue from jeans comes off very easily. I remove it with the Zaino Leather Cleaner but I think a dampened microfiber towel will take it right off too. Worry not.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
From Acura forum

Lexol -pH Leather Cleaner

followed by Lexol Leather Conditioner

Is this product available in Canada ?

BCD-1
Old 02-06-2010, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by BCD-1
Is this product available in Canada ?

BCD-1
Let me introduce you to a great tool to find out:

Quick Reply: Tan Leather Seats Interior Care-need help?