Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

First Impression - WOW

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Impression - WOW

A little over a year ago I was dead set on the, at that time, new BMW 550i. A good friend of mine whom has owned everything from Audi, MB, BMW, Porsche and Ferrari highly recommended Audi. Three months ago, after multiple test drives and research of the BMW 550i, 535i, A8 and A6 I ordered my 2013 A6. It arrived this past Friday and has more than exceeded my expectations. My configuration is a brilliant black, prestige, cold weather, 20" sports packages, fine grain ash inlays with B&O. Below are my first impressions of the many aspects of the car previously discussed on this forum.

1) Looks. The A6 stands out in a crowd. It sleek, modern, sporty, elegant without trying too hard. I looked at the E350/550 which looked too much like a Cadillac with a style that already seemed dated. The new 5 series had a nice look, but has an odd kink in the hoot as if the BMW roundel has a wake behind it. Plus, the new 5 series is starting to blend in with the new larger 3 series. The interior of the A6 is second to none. I know that sounds cliche. But, there is the right mix of wood, metal accents with high quality plastics. The all LED ambient lighting at night really takes it up a notch.

2) Handling. My wife and I had a chance to test out the handling the first night I picked it up. We came back from a dinner party in a terenchal rainstorm. The A6 stuck to the road, even with 20" sports tires. The steering was communicative and gave me complete confidence.

3) Tech. The MMI is great. It has been intuitive with little need to go to the owners manual. My only issue is that with less than 2000 contacts in my phone book on my iPhone4 I am still missing some contacts when imported to the Audi.

4) B&O. I have read many threads were the question was put is it worth it. IMO I'm saying an absolute yes. I spend an hour to an hour and a half in my commute. Listening to your favorites on the B&O system makes all the difference.

5) Seats and space. I find the A6 to be plenty roomy. Also, after you spend a moment properly adjusting the seats, they are almost as good as the ones I found in the 550i. The prestige packed seems to me to have more comfortable seats that the premium package seats on the car I test drove prior to purchase.

I'm having the car detailed, windows tinted and clear bra applied this week. I will post some proper pictures at that time. I the mean time, I have some iPhone pics. Thanks everyone for the insight and advice.
Attached Images     
Old 07-23-2012, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on new A6!! Very nice color & options,Enjoy!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by nstrane
A little over a year ago I was dead set on the, at that time, new BMW 550i. A good friend of mine whom has owned everything from Audi, MB, BMW, Porsche and Ferrari highly recommended Audi. Three months ago, after multiple test drives and research of the BMW 550i, 535i, A8 and A6 I ordered my 2013 A6. It arrived this past Friday and has more than exceeded my expectations. My configuration is a brilliant black, prestige, cold weather, 20" sports packages, fine grain ash inlays with B&O. Below are my first impressions of the many aspects of the car previously discussed on this forum.

1) Looks. The A6 stands out in a crowd. It sleek, modern, sporty, elegant without trying too hard. I looked at the E350/550 which looked too much like a Cadillac with a style that already seemed dated. The new 5 series had a nice look, but has an odd kink in the hoot as if the BMW roundel has a wake behind it. Plus, the new 5 series is starting to blend in with the new larger 3 series. The interior of the A6 is second to none. I know that sounds cliche. But, there is the right mix of wood, metal accents with high quality plastics. The all LED ambient lighting at night really takes it up a notch.

2) Handling. My wife and I had a chance to test out the handling the first night I picked it up. We came back from a dinner party in a terenchal rainstorm. The A6 stuck to the road, even with 20" sports tires. The steering was communicative and gave me complete confidence.

3) Tech. The MMI is great. It has been intuitive with little need to go to the owners manual. My only issue is that with less than 2000 contacts in my phone book on my iPhone4 I am still missing some contacts when imported to the Audi.

4) B&O. I have read many threads were the question was put is it worth it. IMO I'm saying an absolute yes. I spend an hour to an hour and a half in my commute. Listening to your favorites on the B&O system makes all the difference.

5) Seats and space. I find the A6 to be plenty roomy. Also, after you spend a moment properly adjusting the seats, they are almost as good as the ones I found in the 550i. The prestige packed seems to me to have more comfortable seats that the premium package seats on the car I test drove prior to purchase.

I'm having the car detailed, windows tinted and clear bra applied this week. I will post some proper pictures at that time. I the mean time, I have some iPhone pics. Thanks everyone for the insight and advice.
WOW, very very nice!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase! Stunning!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations. I'm not about a month into my new A6 and I'm still very much tickled pink with this car.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the exact same color combo and added the same wheels, but 19 inch. Couldn't do the 20s with Chicago winters. I love it. I lowered mine with H&R springs since I didn't get the sport package. Very very low now. I personally don't love the seats as much as my 750 BMW but they're fine. Handles great.