S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Dealer Put Plate Holes in Grill!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Put Plate Holes in Grill!

So I went to the dealership to pick up my new 2013 S4 today. I was rushed as I had to visit a relative in the hospital.

Also the dealership is under major construction so you are literally picking your car up in a construction zone.

I am also very familiar with the S4 as I had my 2012.

Anyway, I get the car home and my 14 year old son comes out and says....what's with the holes in the front grill....I have trained him to pay attention to detail.

So as I look at the front grill it is clear that holes were drilled for a fron license plate holder.

They brought the car in from Colorado so I am guessing that Colorado requires a front plate.

Here in Memphis TN no front plates are required.

I was surprised by the discovery as I made it clear to my dealer that I wanted a clean fron grill....no plate holder....no holes.

I should have checked while on the lot but was in a rush.

During the inspection they did point out some things that were not a 100 per cent but that they will fix as soon as the parts come in....

My question is can this grill be fixed or should I demand a brand new grill.

A $50K car should not have holes in the grill!

Also, the day time LED running lights do not come on with the lights set at auto....is there a quick fix I can do to get them to come on while the lights are set to auto.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaseyS4
So I went to the dealership to pick up my new 2013 S4 today. I was rushed as I had to visit a relative in the hospital.

Also the dealership is under major construction so you are literally picking your car up in a construction zone.

Anyway, I get the car home and my 14 year old son comes out and says....what's with the holes in the front grill....I have trained him to pay attention to detail.

So as I look at the front grill it is clear that holes were drilled for a fron license plate holder.

They brought the car in from Colorado so I am guessing that Colorado requires a front plate.

I was surprised by the discovery as I made it clear to my dealer that I wanted a clean fron grill....no plate holder....no holes.

During the inspection they did point out some things that were not a 100 per cent but that they will fix as soon as the parts come in....

Also, the day time LED running lights do not come on with the lights set at auto....is there a quick fix I can do to get them to come on while the lights are set to auto.
Demand a new grill
Old 09-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just insist that they fix it. It could be easier for them to replace the grille rather than do some body work. IF they decide to repair it, have them paint the 3 center sections black instead of gray. It will look better that way. Perhaps the setting in for DLR lighst is set to off in the MMI??
Old 09-15-2013, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! I will check the MMI setting for sure.

Yes I will definitely request they replace the grill.

Also excellent idea to request that they paint the grey panels black.

Perhaps this could turn out to be a good thing.

Just frustrating...
Old 09-15-2013, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well that was it...just went into MMI and clicked on.

Many thanks!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Let me guess, this is the dealership in Colorado Springs? Same exact thing happened to me even though i repeatedly told them i want the front plate filler since my state doesn't require a front plate. They drilled two holes into the plate filler so they can put the dealership's plate. Took them several months to send me a new plate filler.

Originally Posted by CaseyS4

Old 09-18-2013, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TPIWWP