A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

C6 S6 Modifications experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad I ran across this thread. I have been thinking about a Miltek, but even though I would like it to have a more authoritative sound, it seems like the Miltek might be a little too much.
Maybe I'll go with removing the stock resonators too.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Decarboned location

Originally Posted by 2008A6
same here...just got mine decarboned but no dyno.
Where did you got it decarboned and how much it cost? Did you see how bad it was? Thanks.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm interested in knowing what is involved with a decarb as well and how much should it cost. Also was interested in the Miltek exhaust but glad I read this thread, I'm 34 and the days for loud cars are behind me, I'm just looking for something a bit stronger than the current sound put out by the stock exhaust. Curious as to what is involved in removing the back resonators...do I just take it to a muffler shop and they chop and weld straight pipes instead? I don't know how I feel about hacking up my S6.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jmlinmn
Just as a note I'm planning on dynoing my car with my current mods and then having it cleaned (~26k miles on it) and dynoing it again.
Not to dig up an old topic, just wondering if you have done this yet?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lazydog
Not to dig up an old topic, just wondering if you have done this yet?
Not yet. Planning on it this spring. Thinking about adding water/meth injection, too. I will post with all mods that I have and do a before / after on decarb.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Has anyone heard more about JHM's progress on the V10 front? I was having some good dialogue back and forth with them last fall and talked with one of their tuning guys over the phone, but I've tried reaching out a few times this year and haven't gotten a reply. Last I heard they were planning to have at least one, if not a few, S6's in for modifications and I'd love to hear where that ended up.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bdubs
Has anyone heard more about JHM's progress on the V10 front? I was having some good dialogue back and forth with them last fall and talked with one of their tuning guys over the phone, but I've tried reaching out a few times this year and haven't gotten a reply. Last I heard they were planning to have at least one, if not a few, S6's in for modifications and I'd love to hear where that ended up.
I was talking to them and offered to trailer my car over for them to develop on and it went no where. I'd love to see something for this v10. It'd be ridiculous. The temps would probably be hot enough to melt everything under the hood.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jmlinmn
I was talking to them and offered to trailer my car over for them to develop on and it went no where. I'd love to see something for this v10. It'd be ridiculous. The temps would probably be hot enough to melt everything under the hood.
For what it's worth, I've reached out to a company in Columbus, OH called http://www.ipsmotorsports.net that I've known of since they started up back in 2008/2009. They are pretty heavy on the Corvette/Camaro/Viper/STI/Evo side, but they also work with BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc., and they are obviously doing a lot of things right based on the numbers their cars put out. I've asked if they have done any work with the S6 V10 and if not, if they'd be interested in spending a day with my car to see what they could learn. Will keep everyone posted on what I hear back.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bdubs
For what it's worth, I've reached out to a company in Columbus, OH called IPS Motorsports - Ohio's Premier Performance Shop and Tuning Facility that I've known of since they started up back in 2008/2009. They are pretty heavy on the Corvette/Camaro/Viper/STI/Evo side, but they also work with BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc., and they are obviously doing a lot of things right based on the numbers their cars put out. I've asked if they have done any work with the S6 V10 and if not, if they'd be interested in spending a day with my car to see what they could learn. Will keep everyone posted on what I hear back.
3 years later (sadface)