Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 03:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Problem with 2014 Q5 TDI S-Line!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalancroft
To paraphrase the Cookie Monster, "T is for turbo, that's good enough for me..."
Turbo Diesel Isawesome?

More on topic, turbo noises I'd expect from the front of the car, not the rear. But it's certainly not noisy normally so whatever it is isn't normal....
Old 01-10-2014, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalancroft
To paraphrase the Cookie Monster, "T is for turbo, that's good enough for me..."
lol, I know but some people "says" it does not stand for "turbo" so I am making sure.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
lol, I know but some people "says" it does not stand for "turbo" so I am making sure.
Turbocharged Direct Injection, so those people are wrong. I'm not sure that any consumer diesel isn't turbocharged these days....
Old 01-10-2014, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 225 Likes on 189 Posts
Default You may want to read this.....

Originally Posted by AUDI_Q5_TDI_help
Need help with a problem I'm having with a brand new 2014 Q5 TDI S-Line. Car has less than 1200 miles. Dealership already had to replace an AdBlue pump because it wasn't working. When I received the car back, I noticed that every time I come to a stop, I hear fluids swishing around. The dealership doesn't know what the issue is, and I never heard it prior to the pump replacement or when I was test driving other TDI models. There is no reason for fluids to be low. Any thoughts on what it could be? There appears to be baffles in the tank to prevent such a noise. Is there something else people are aware of? I am desperate for answers!
http://65.110.12.166/showthread.php?t=336055

It's a great site to bookmark when you own a TDI.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sounds like other diesel owners have had the same issue, but it doesn't seem consistent among all owners. Any thoughts on if it could be an internal baffle that is meant to buffer the sound? At what point do I ask the dealer to pull the tank and check it out? What is reasonable?
Old 01-10-2014, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Here's an image of the Q5 that's making noise. Ergggg.
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2014, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by idale
Turbocharged Direct Injection, so those people are wrong. I'm not sure that any consumer diesel isn't turbocharged these days....
yea I don't think any diesel engine car will run without a turbo. I wish I had own the TDI version. I love the torque.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Unfortunately I can't get a good recording of the sound. It's too subtle. Ergggg. The dealership isn't getting anywhere with this and I'm not sure what to do. I may take it to a second dealership and see if they have any idea as to what it is. Thank to all for your helpful comments!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need help with a problem I'm having with a brand new 2014 Q5 TDI S-Line. Car has less than 1200 miles. Dealership already had to replace an AdBlue pump because it wasn't working. When I received the car back, I noticed that every time I come to a stop, I hear fluids swishing around. The dealership doesn't know what the issue is, and I never heard it prior to the pump replacement or when I was test driving other TDI models. There is no reason for fluids to be low. Any thoughts on what it could be? There appears to be baffles in the tank to prevent such a noise. Is there something else people are aware of? I am desperate for answers!
My wife drive MDX and every time after you fill tank and stop - you hear this sound - this is gasoline (diesel in your case) in your tank slashing in the fuel tank.
If you need more explanation why this happen from scientific point of you - reed this

Last edited by TIME89; 01-12-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's an image of the Q5 that's making noise. Ergggg.
I got my two Audi's from Prestige imports to!! Always had good service.

Quick Reply: Problem with 2014 Q5 TDI S-Line!