A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Low discounts on the A7

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*private message me

Originally Posted by Slee724
I just got a '14 a7 from the dc/md/va area for 5.5% off with an additional $1500 off for the loyalty discount. Post message me for details. I will give you my Salesman's name and number.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Salesman's name and number
Audi dealership in Northern va
Shane-703-899-8876
Old 12-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I walked away from the first dealer when the terms of the deal changed from what I agreed to, twice. Last straw was when I received the following email: "Please email me a written quote from other dealership and I will have my manager beat that for you." It'll make for yet another funny/disappointing "new car sales" story, of which I have too many.
Second dealer agreed to 6% off MSRP, over the phone, which works out to about $685 over invoice. When I arrived at the dealership, there was no attempt to change the deal or upsell me. I still have to pay the rip-off "processing fee", which was disclosed beforehand, but nothing else except Tax and Tags.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tupperware
Second dealer agreed to 6% off MSRP, over the phone, which works out to about $685 over invoice. When I arrived at the dealership, there was no attempt to change the deal or upsell me. I still have to pay the rip-off "processing fee", which was disclosed beforehand, but nothing else except Tax and Tags.
So sorry for the hassle they are putting you through! What's their dealer fee, which I'm assuming is the same as "processing fee" you mention. Should be in the $500-700 range. It used to be that you could get this waived but not so much these days. . .
Old 12-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by onthebeam
So sorry for the hassle they are putting you through! What's their dealer fee, which I'm assuming is the same as "processing fee" you mention. Should be in the $500-700 range. It used to be that you could get this waived but not so much these days. . .
$399
Old 12-12-2013, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Would you mind sharing who the dealer was? Since we in the same state.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

$399
From my experience these days, that's very low, at least here in Florida. Some years back, conventional wisdom for savvy car buyers was to refuse to pay ANY dealer prep fees. After all, that's their job and built into their profits, etc.

But in this age of negotiating from invoice, knowing what holdbacks are (except for knowing exactly how Audi rebates its dealer-no formal holdback), etc., the dealer fee seems to be something we are stuck with.

I just factor it when when negotiating. For most cars, buying "at invoice" is no longer such a great deal as a few percent holdback profit and dealer fees together add up to a nice overall profit.

For Audi, I'm glad to see that discounts off MSRP now seem to be getting a bit more generous, especially when sales are growing and product reviews are better than Mercedes and BMW.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Puzz
Shopped a couple of dealers in Northern Virginia, and the most I got was 3% off on the A7. I was told its a low production car and they don't have a big margin etc. I get that, but still 3% sounds low. Right?
No. The problem is because the NOVA Audi dealers are owned by Penske. They have cornered that market... in an area of the country with the lowest unemployment and the highest average increase in salary since 2010. The exception is the dealer in Alexandria, but they aren't exactly the friendliest people on the planet.

You'll have no luck going over to Rockville, as Sonic doesn't allow room for negotiation on price either.

Try Annapolis, or just get as far from DC as you can to score a the same deals you want that everyone else in the country is getting. That's what I had to do.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Puzz
Would you mind sharing who the dealer was? Since we in the same state.
Audi Arlington got my business
Audi Chantilly (Penske) is the dealer that got "confused" and changed the deal on me. Initially, I anticipated using their Tysons Corner service department. Now, I'm not sure.
Here are a couple of interesting tidbits:
Audi Arlington promised an Audi brand service loaner, in writing, not that it really makes a difference to me. It wasn't even clear if Penske offers loaner cars. Does anybody know?
Arlington also has the cleanest, best organized, shop area that I have ever witnessed. Again, it doesn't make a ton of difference to me, but it seems that they take pride in appearances. Any firsthand experience with the quality of work from their service department?
Old 12-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Banned

I can tell you that MB Chantilly is f-ing lousy.

As for Audi Chantilly, they were gracious to me last year when my new A4 had problems and Audi bought it back. In fact, I went through 3 loaners with Chantilly over a 4 week period while Audi was processing the repurchase paperwork. I had an A7 Prestige loaner that I took down to GA for Thanksgiving. Then I switched for an A4 since the A7 was spoiling me. I only had 245 miles on my A4 when the ordeal started, but Matt (service manager) was a great guy and their team didn't pull any "that's normal" crap on me.

Plus, I did see several Audi HQ cars in the Chantilly service lane. You never know who you'll bump into there

Audi Arlington got my business
Audi Chantilly (Penske) is the dealer that got "confused" and changed the deal on me. Initially, I anticipated using their Tysons Corner service department. Now, I'm not sure.
Here are a couple of interesting tidbits:
Audi Arlington promised an Audi brand service loaner, in writing, not that it really makes a difference to me. It wasn't even clear if Penske offers loaner cars. Does anybody know?
Arlington also has the cleanest, best organized, shop area that I have ever witnessed. Again, it doesn't make a ton of difference to me, but it seems that they take pride in appearances. Any firsthand experience with the quality of work from their service department?

Quick Reply: Low discounts on the A7