A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Low discounts on the A7

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a7ubercoupe
Based on my experience this Fall with Chicagoland Audi dealers, 3% sounds legit. The bad news for negotiation is, the A7 is a low volume car. The good news for ego/resale is, the A7 is a low volume car. You could try to get a Maserati Ghibli, but I think it also gets up to $80k+ when you get comparable bells/whistles.
Low-volume car is why we are paying ~$8000 more then we would for an A6.

The margins to the dealers don't get reduced also...
Old 12-07-2013, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can do invoice or better, hang in there! Check Costco pricing if that helps. The A7 is not selling well and dealers have allocations. They want to move them. The car is hot in some metro markets so check all size dealers. I thought 400 over was going to be my best, was ecstatic at invoice, and then found 1K under on a custom order. Plus dealer fee of $600. So really a clean $400 under with no dealer fee if you want to look at it that way.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by onthebeam
You can do invoice or better, hang in there! Check Costco pricing if that helps. The A7 is not selling well and dealers have allocations. They want to move them. The car is hot in some metro markets so check all size dealers. I thought 400 over was going to be my best, was ecstatic at invoice, and then found 1K under on a custom order. Plus dealer fee of $600. So really a clean $400 under with no dealer fee if you want to look at it that way.
I just got my Costco quote
MSRP of $75,405
Costco invoice: $72,499 plus tax and tags
Lousy deal, imo, and one I have no intention of accepting.
I'll counter tomorrow/ Suggestions?
Old 12-07-2013, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What part of the country? NYC metro, DC metro, Northern California, some parts of Florida - have totally different economies for high end luxury cars than the rest of the US.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tupperware
I just got my Costco quote
MSRP of $75,405
Costco invoice: $72,499 plus tax and tags
Lousy deal, imo, and one I have no intention of accepting.
I'll counter tomorrow/ Suggestions?
Bummer re that Costco pricing. I saw excellent Costco pricing from their one dealer in Florida. The next closest dealer in Alabama was way high, too. Keep checking zip codes in the Costco search function depending on how far you are willing to go. You could always buy in Florida and drive it home!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nyca
What part of the country? NYC metro, DC metro, Northern California, some parts of Florida - have totally different economies for high end luxury cars than the rest of the US.
I am in NOVA. Northern Virginia. Essentially DC Metro market.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was able to negotiate 5% on a 2014 prestige in october. Fletcher jones audi in chicago.

Only took two rounds of negotiation.

The deals are out there.

Awesome car by the way. LOVE IT
Old 12-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Best I could find was a dealer willing to do a couple minor extras (window tint & all weather floor mats) beyond the Supplier 6% discount in NorCal on a customer build. Contacted 4 different dealers (one wouldn't even do the Sup program at all).

I had hoped for a little more but honestly, now I just want the car to get here.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tupperware
I am in NOVA. Northern Virginia. Essentially DC Metro market.
That's why there are no deals. Same thing where I live in NYC metro. I just joined ACNA in preparation for my (likely) acquisition of an A7 in July because of this, that seems like the best way to get a deal.

Never had any luck with Costco - in fact the one time I tried to use it, the dealers never contacted me with actual prices (which is the way its supposed to work). They contacted me with the "come in and we can talk" standard nonsense, I didn't contact any of those dealers.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just got a '14 a7 from the dc/md/va area for 5.5% off with an additional $1500 off for the loyalty discount. Post message me for details. I will give you my Salesman's name and number.

Quick Reply: Low discounts on the A7