Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Interior trim swap tips?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ptpro3
Thanks...USPS told me mail is always by air not boat but who knows...according to the Polish tracking, the package was in fact mailed and moved through the system, but no data since then. I asked seller to contact his post office. The saga continues...

UPDATE: Good news, my trim pieces finally arrived. You called it, shipping took 8 weeks! Hopefully I'll finish the install this weekend.
did you swap out your trim? I'm doing mine this weekend =) Although I wish it was carbon fiber. i got the aluminum trigon.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes here it is, OEM carbon fiber trim, and I also added the red start/stop from the S6.

Originally Posted by soslower
did you swap out your trim? I'm doing mine this weekend =) Although I wish it was carbon fiber. i got the aluminum trigon.
Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2014, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lmbatts
Yeah - The site has good deals IMHO. I am waiting for a Bang and Olfusen system to become available. I saw 2 there before; both around 1500 USD. I havent been able to find them since.

I recommend using Chrome because it translate the site and the seach should have "Audi 4G0" in it
It's essentially Polish eBay, but they entered the market way before eBay and hence dominate it now. I also buy stuff on there all the time without any issues.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That looks really sharp.

How did you remove the trim piece from the ashtray door slider? It looks like it has 3 tabs in the back but I can't figure out how to separate them.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilbert Irias
That looks really sharp.

How did you remove the trim piece from the ashtray door slider? It looks like it has 3 tabs in the back but I can't figure out how to separate them.
3 year old thread. You may not get an answer.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gilbert Irias
That looks really sharp.

Wow, has indeed been 3 yrs!
I still have the old parts, see attached pictures. I replaced the entire ashtray door assembly - not just the trim itself. Is this what you're asking about?
Attached Thumbnails Interior trim swap tips?-img_0860.jpg   Interior trim swap tips?-img_0861.jpg  
Old 04-27-2017, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ha! Sorry about that, I hadn't noticed how old the thread was. I was asking how to remove the actual trim piece off of the assembly. I took a chance and figured it out. Stick a trim tool between the side of the trim and the assembly to to loosen up some grip tape. Then use the trim tool to put enough pressure on the back trim plate (where the 3 tabs are) to force it off.

Originally Posted by ptpro3
Wow, has indeed been 3 yrs!
I still have the old parts, see attached pictures. I replaced the entire ashtray door assembly - not just the trim itself. Is this what you're asking about?
Old 05-06-2019, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm trying to get the trim off the dash but I can only free up the narrow section of trim under the center vents but the wider area directly in front of the passenger seat won't budge. Hints?
Old 05-13-2019, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lotusfla
I'm trying to get the trim off the dash but I can only free up the narrow section of trim under the center vents but the wider area directly in front of the passenger seat won't budge. Hints?
Great to keep this thread alive even after a few years!
The wider area in front of the passenger seat also simply pops out, but the brackets on the back are just really really tight. I think your best bet is to try to work it out by the edges, all the way around.
As mentioned previously, a plastic trim-removal kit would be really helpful.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Interior trim set for sale

On that note I am preparing to sell my trim set (either the OEM carbon fiber or the original dark walnut) if anybody is interested, as I will be selling the car in the next several months.

Quick Reply: Interior trim swap tips?