Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Drove in snow last night and really miss the headlight washers

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wilfred2k5
I wish there were an option to turn off the auto-headlight washer since sometimes I just want the windshield washer.
The headlight washers only operate if the headlights are on at the time (at least that's the way it worked on my last few Audis).

Last edited by DeerHunter; 12-31-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by auditron
.... Seems they have a washer on Canadian cars, why not US cars?
Because the Germans think that the "idiots" in the US don't care. It is particularly galling that the cut-outs and the washer doors are clearly built into the US bumprers - just no washers hooked up.

by the way - I have the 2012 Prestige with the regular HID lights and there are no washers. Has nothing to do with the LEDs.

Audi continues to cheapen its US market cars every year. No washers? How about no auto folding side mirrors? How about floor mats that seem more at home in a $20,000 car than in a $60,000 luxury car?

It is a disgrace.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

"(at least that's the way it worked on my last few Audis)."

Bingo - the 2012 is my 5th A6 over the past 15 yrs and all previous models had the headlight washers that were omitted from the 2012 model. My last A6 was an 09 and it had the washers.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait, so what is that square thing below my A7 headlights with LED, I have never test it but I thought that was a pop-up headlight washer
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by feralc
Wait, so what is that square thing below my A7 headlights with LED, I have never test it but I thought that was a pop-up headlight washer
It is the cover for the headlight washer, but the actual washer is not included inside for US models.
Hence, the square thing you see does not serve any purpose, and is just the same bumper as the other marketplaces.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 PM
HDK
AudiWorld Member

I may be in the minority, but I don't miss the headlight washers at all. On my last two A6's I had to make a conscious effort to turn off the headlights when I wanted to clear the windshield with the washers. I found the headlight washers to be a big waste of fluid and not all that effective. Got a few glares from pedestrians walking in front of the car when I was stopped at red lights too...
Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HDK
I may be in the minority, but I don't miss the headlight washers at all. On my last two A6's I had to make a conscious effort to turn off the headlights when I wanted to clear the windshield with the washers. I found the headlight washers to be a big waste of fluid and not all that effective. Got a few glares from pedestrians walking in front of the car when I was stopped at red lights too...
Just a wild guess that you live where it does not snow?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have been driving for many years without headlight washers and haven't really had much of a problem. Not sure what the complaining is about. Cars I have seen with them just make a mess on the hood and quarterpanels because of the washers. Just my opinion but I would rather not have the washers on my car. In no way does it cheapen my opinion of Audi or the A6/S6 model.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:42 AM
HDK
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Westchesterrick
Just a wild guess that you live where it does not snow?
Anchorage, Alaska actually...
Old 01-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HDK
Anchorage, Alaska actually...
Never imagined that. I find the washers to be vital when the roads are covered with snow and salt mixtures. Miss them a whole lot in the new model.

Quick Reply: Drove in snow last night and really miss the headlight washers