S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Owner's Manual

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owner's Manual

Hey guys,

I am trying to find a digital copy of the owner's manual but haven't had any luck. Does anyone have a .pdf or a link?

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2013, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tony7314
Hey guys,

I am trying to find a digital copy of the owner's manual but haven't had any luck. Does anyone have a .pdf or a link?

Thanks!
it is in the car, just click car then owners manual
Old 11-02-2013, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sciblades
it is in the car, just click car then owners manual
When I do that in my car it says the manual is not loaded and asks if I want to load it from the CD/DVD drive. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 11-02-2013, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyG0925
When I do that in my car it says the manual is not loaded and asks if I want to load it from the CD/DVD drive. Anyone else have this problem?
Not if the DVD is loaded first. Note that the software manual is not as complete as the printed ones. Audi does not make PDFs available for any of their cars. Aside from copywrite law, since the manuals run several hundred pages, not too many folks would want to scan it to a PDF.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Not if the DVD is loaded first. Note that the software manual is not as complete as the printed ones. Audi does not make PDFs available for any of their cars. Aside from copywrite law, since the manuals run several hundred pages, not too many folks would want to scan it to a PDF.
Where did you get the DVD to load it? My car did not come with one and the dealer says they don't have one either.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It came with my 2013 A6. It's very similar to the info videos that can be found on the Audi website.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It came with my 2013 A6. It's very similar to the info videos that can be found on the Audi website.
I also did not get a CD/DVD. I was specifically looking for the pages regarding the break-in period and I do not have access to my printed manual. Does anyone have those pages available?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2013, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tony7314
I also did not get a CD/DVD. I was specifically looking for the pages regarding the break-in period and I do not have access to my printed manual. Does anyone have those pages available?

Thanks
In summary from the manual:
------------------------------------

1st 600 miles - don't use full throttle; don't drive at more than 2/3 max RPM in any gear; avoid high engine speeds

600-1000 miles - speeds can gradually be increased to max road or engine speeds

During and after break-in - don't rev the engine to highs speed when cold.

Tires - drive carefully for the first 350 miles; they need to beak in.

Brakes - new brake pads don't have full braking effect for first 250 miles; must be burnished (bedded) in; avoid severe loads and sudden hard braking during that period.
-------------------------------------

Others may provide their own break-in philosophies (i.e. one of the favorites, "drive it like you stole it"). I'm one who believes the manufacturer, after years of testing and gobs of financial resources invested, knows best how to break in their cars - I follow the manual's recommendations and it has served me well for all my past Audis.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In summary from the manual:
------------------------------------

1st 600 miles - don't use full throttle; don't drive at more than 2/3 max RPM in any gear; avoid high engine speeds

600-1000 miles - speeds can gradually be increased to max road or engine speeds

During and after break-in - don't rev the engine to highs speed when cold.

Tires - drive carefully for the first 350 miles; they need to beak in.

Brakes - new brake pads don't have full braking effect for first 250 miles; must be burnished (bedded) in; avoid severe loads and sudden hard braking during that period.
-------------------------------------

Others may provide their own break-in philosophies (i.e. one of the favorites, "drive it like you stole it"). I'm one who believes the manufacturer, after years of testing and gobs of financial resources invested, knows best how to break in their cars - I follow the manual's recommendations and it has served me well for all my past Audis.
Really helpful thanks man
Old 11-03-2013, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Pretty unhelpful in my opinion but I guess Audi didn't think an actual electronic version would be useable on the MMI.

Quick Reply: Owner's Manual