Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

LED Headlights to be on new 2013 Honda Accord

Old 08-08-2012, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Headlights to be on new 2013 Honda Accord

Today's news release for Honda stated the 2013 Honda Accord will have LED Headlamps,running lights and tail-lights.Surprised to see the LED Headlamps filter down to a car in a lower price range so quickly.They are getting the jump on many higher price cars by offering this feature and making a smart move by doing so, I guess to show off their new technology.
WOW, here we are shelling out $1,400 for our LED Headlight option on our Audi's and it will be offered on a car in the low to mid $20,000 price range. Don't know much more about it at this time, but the car is due to be released in the fall. Article was not clear whether it will be an option or part of the standard equipment.
Gosh, since LED Headlights seem to be one of the important reasons that many of us chose our Audi's, I hope we don't all rush out to trade them in for the Accord to save the $40,000 difference in price. (Only kidding, I think?)
Old 08-08-2012, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by auditron
Today's news release for Honda stated the 2013 Honda Accord will have LED Headlamps,running lights and tail-lights.Surprised to see the LED Headlamps filter down to a car in a lower price range so quickly.They are getting the jump on many higher price cars by offering this feature and making a smart move by doing so, I guess to show off their new technology.
WOW, here we are shelling out $1,400 for our LED Headlight option on our Audi's and it will be offered on a car in the low to mid $20,000 price range. Don't know much more about it at this time, but the car is due to be released in the fall. Article was not clear whether it will be an option or part of the standard equipment.
Gosh, since LED Headlights seem to be one of the important reasons that many of us chose our Audi's, I hope we don't all rush out to trade them in for the Accord to save the $40,000 difference in price. (Only kidding, I think?)
Thats pretty cool. Acura has been using LED taillights for awhile now, but LED headlights is interesting. I too am curious to know the cost. Doesn't surprise me though,I have been seeing more and more LED DRL now on basic cars such as Kia and Hyundai.....matter of time before the LED headlights start hitting every car. (think xenon/HID back in 02).

On a side note, anyone see the new 12/13 A5/Q7/Q5 LED DRL? Its no longer a ribbon/eyebrow its now a weird looking shape that resembles the new chrysler 300C LED DRL. Kind of disappointed we got stuck with the ribbon if thats the new LED style Audi is using.....makes the car feel old LOL.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

It won't be long before all cars have LED headlights. BMW is working on lasers.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure it was LED Headlamps? What I read said LED DRL's. And in the picture it looked like a strip under the headlight.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure the better engine, longer lasting engine (German) amazing styling (the new Honda looks like all the other cars out of Japan and america) Better R&D, with out a doubt the best all wheel drive system in a car, aluminum usage, hands down best interiors seen in cars period, ultra safe, freaking fast and to top it off German engineering are the reasons most of us bought the expensive A6 over a Honda. Yeah the Headlights are the cherry on top, but I'd pick a non LED headlight Audi over a LED headlight Honda. Really totally different class if you ask me.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, this is a jump. Accords dont even have XENON, along with 65% of the cars still offered today dont even have xenon, and car manufactures are skipping xenon straight to LED...Hard to believe but i guess with the governments CAFE rating being rased to 54.6 MPG they have to do what ever it takes to save 1/10th of a gallon here and there.

BMW is working on lasers and nearly have it perfected, give it three years and LED will be standard across the board and LASER will be the next innovation package. but i can almost guarantee that honda will offer LED's as a upgrade, it wont be stock

i didnt shell out the 1400 for the LED, i dont like the way the LED DRL looks split up and i also think its too new for the market and gimmicky....for now
Old 08-08-2012, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Can you link? NM I see it now, it's the sedan that has it.

Acura doesn't have led headlights in it's TL let alone have it in the accord.

Lol, still ugly... Hyundai Azera anyone

Last edited by Metallic-Force; 08-08-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My Leaf has LED headlights, and most of the other lights are LED as well. Of course, that's an EV, so it's doing it for a different reason.

The LED headlights in the A6 are better, plus the high beams too (high beams on the Leaf on regular halogen).
Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Picture points to led drls. Headlights still look to be standard projectors.
The a6 still has the best looking headlights on the market.
Talking about the led version. I wouldn't be able to put down the money for an a6 and not get the led headlights. To me its te face of the car and defines it. A6 without them just seems like another class
Old 08-09-2012, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Here is the Honda Accord quote on the LED Headlights

Originally Posted by joseaudi
Picture points to led drls. Headlights still look to be standard projectors.
The a6 still has the best looking headlights on the market.
Talking about the led version. I wouldn't be able to put down the money for an a6 and not get the led headlights. To me its te face of the car and defines it. A6 without them just seems like another class
"Honda says it's going to stay ahead of the competition by giving the new Accord more upscale touches and new technology. It will get LED headlights, taillights and running lights, a feature typically found in luxury cars. The four-cylinder base engine will be paired with a more gas-efficient continuously variable transmission, or CVT, rather than a conventional automatic transmission. The new transmission is "not rubber-bandy" feeling, a reputation of many CVTs, Poponi asserts. Unlike many others, Accord still will offer a V-6, too".

Here is the quote of Honda's news release that mentions the LED Headlights to those that found it hard to believe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED Headlights to be on new 2013 Honda Accord